Computer Science Lounge - [Too Many Idea Men Edition]

No idea myself.

On another node. Anyone know of a good resources for looking up C libraries and similar for "to do this thing" > results in a list of libraries to use

Github/Stackoverflow is your closest bet. There's no alternative to reading lib feature lists really unless someone programs something like that.

for standard C libraries probably or the man page on any Unix like system.

1 Like

Yeah i was thinking more of a good lookup place when you dont know the library you need. I didn't know what gmp did/or existed until i needed to install the library for your program to compile.

I supose google does a decent job with C + "thing you need"

Why note make it fancy

+---------------------------------+
|Skills                |Rating    |
+---------------------------------+
|                      |          |
+----------------------+----------+

Though its incredibly difficult to edit lol

1 Like

thats the problem lol

@Eden
You should share your project if you are writing some c code. I would be interested to see.

2 Likes

I'm a complete newbie at C atm. I'd quite like to get a reasonable proficiency at C enough to write and read without issue.
I'm also interested in rust but I'm leaving that at the moment.

I have a couple of ideas for some Linux based programs that i need to properly flesh out into formed ideas.

1 Like

Interesting topic, but I'm already fully committed on what time I have.

1 Like

yes iirc, think you can do it wired and wireless

I think you can do that, iirc you can also set it up to have your desktop or what have you be the master

Videos

^this video touch's on the topic of distributing work (briefly this first video in the series is about hardware)^

this is the extent of my knowledge

I was doing some discrete math hw and it went over some applied graph theory and it explained you could view processors as a graph problem. I wonder if you could create a cluster without a center or a main pi.

the second video in that list says thats what he is doing (if I am hearing him right, timestamped)

1 Like

I definitely need to play with some of these at some point. I want to specialize in parallel computing.

1 Like

you seen these?

https://www.parallella.org/board/

no, thats a lot of cores for such a small device.

1 Like

it was supposed to be that new sweetness back in the day. Guess it was alright, but like pi clones, never took off like the pi did. It was kickstarted too

I still want to get my hands on it