Computer Science Lounge - [Too Many Idea Men Edition]

I dont know if I will be ready for it but basically as education goes I will be taking a advanced algorithms class next semester and the two semesters after that dealing with concurrent programming an parallel algorithms. I think some operating systems would help as well.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been posted in here yet but you cant get far without watching the great ben eater

Can't forget Mark Furneaux, Louis Rossman, Julian Ilett, and Dave from the EEVBlog either.

3 Likes

I hate dealing with wires, if I wanted to design a small computer I think I would just do it with a FPGA.

1 Like

That defeats the excercise a bit if you want to do it physically. I agree that writing an FPGA core is a more valuable skillset to build though.

1 Like

FPGA may be the best way but it does not look nearly as cool as a full 8 bit cpu built on a breadboard

I get to put it on my Github though.

you can post the schematic and all that on github too and it would be more useful to people

true but I am super bad with wiring for even trivial electronics. I am better at writing software so I think a FPGA would be more natural and require less time. I have a lot of projects I want to do so I dont want to invest double the amount of time just because I would get confused organizing wires.

yeah. i would love todo something like that though.
first thing would be to get some kind graphics working

Woow, I did not know this thread existed. I'll lurk here quite a bit while I teach myself how to code, sorry, I'm useless in front of you at the moment.

2 Likes

welcome to the thread, I am trying to get people together to do some software projects or hardware ones.

I was talking to the software company I will be working for this summer and they said we will be using Python and some library it sounded like he said "foto"? I didnt hear him correctly so would anybody know what he might have said? We will also be using Amazon AWS service for the server I think. He said with some flavor of java script on the backend so I presume Node.js or something similar .

@eidolonFIRE

dunno... at the risk of sounding racist, what accent did he have? Was he Asian, Russian, German, etc? That might help figure out what he meant to say.

lol he is American. It was windy out so it was hard for me to hear what he was saying since he called me while I was outside. He thought I would be good for resource management for the cloud server so I am hoping I do the server side of this project.

well since alot of people are computer scientists how about filling out this form for level 1 techs

its to see what sort of languages the community know

1 Like

Just filled out the survey, thanks for linking that.

1 Like

To add to this would anybody want any tutorials over more than just programming languages?
Data Structures, Discrete Math,Git ,Agile , ect?

Respond to me and maby I will make a tutorial video of whatever people want when I have time.

.... and I almost forgot I am buried in project ideas but lack the time to do them all. If anybody is looking for some easy github commits to help me out and put something on your Resume and if the project makes money you will probably get a fair share. If anybody wants to cooperate and help build some software agile style on Github let me know.