Computer Science Lounge - [Too Many Idea Men Edition]

are they single key or double key encryption?

What year are you?

Freshman,although i have been programming since a long time like junior high time.

So I assume that you are taking some sort of Java class?

Nope,not yet,Rather a C and assembly class.Would be learning java soon though.....

Interesting order, I started with Java and then took a c and c++ course. I had some assembly in a computer architecture course.

I am at the state now where they just assume you can learn any language in a day which is mostly true apart from the unique ones.

I have to agree with @chiefshane here. C and assembly seem like poor choices for starting to learn programming. Java will be more complex, but much more friendly. And their unit tests are, as I've found, a godsend. I wish I could find something in C++ that was as good.

If I may go on a tangent, Google's C++ test suit is workable, but not as good as JUnit in my experiences.

1 Like

Anyone knows any good sources like videos, books or tutorial sites that got intermediate C lessons? I'm looking for structures, algorithms related codes (stacks or queues are where i'm having problems), memory allocations and something more about pointers. I know the basic and fundamental stuff but i feel i need to study a little bit more.
I'm having some problems with applying C to my algorithm and data structures class, so any help i will appreciate it.

Will you computer scientists and engineers hurry up and automate my sysadmin job, already? I know Amazon is trying with Elastic Beanstock, but could you pick it up a little bit, so my "human capital" can be reallocated to a more beneficial and value added position like professional pie eater?

Thank you,

Lowly Sysadmin

I'll get back to you as soon as I can give an AI intent. Because then we'll all be dead shortly thereafter. So for the sake of the human species, keep sysadmin'ing. Keep sysadmin'ing so hard.

Ok - I'll sacrifice my dreams for the sake of the human species. You're welcome!

1 Like

You realize you'll be the first to be fired if they do automate jour job, right?

UBI is a fever dream. Never gonna happen in a form that anyone wants.

Does that even suggest it's not something to try and do? I find that there is a strong moral imperative to do so, given the consequences of not. Even if not total success, the result will likely be better if an attempt is made than not.

I got pissy and will write a level headed response soon

Cheers!

I have met with a friend of mine that does ME and I have a project in mind with him that would involve an embedded system so I would like to see a video tutorial on how to do this from scratch. I was wondering how many of you would also like to see such a video tutorial series from Wendell or LV1?

@Eden @wendell

• Interested
  • Not Interested
  • Interested in similar idea

0voters

Votes are public.

I took it a few years ago, what concepts are you struggling with?

I am not struggling with it, just wondering what other logicians we have.

No magic, just math.

I'm not a math magician. :wink:

1 Like

Would anybody know anything about pi clusters? I am interested in the algorithm they use to communicate. Is it done through a network interface? Is there like a main controller PI that then calls the other PIs to do computations?