Computer locked up overnight and won't post after hard reboot

specs ryzen 2700x, x470 tachi (not ultimate), G.SKILL Ripjaws V (2 x 8GB) running at 3200 cl 14, 1070 ti

Quick backstory have had this computer for almost a year now and it would sometimes lock up when rebooting both on shutdown and boot up when on the windows “working” wheel screen. After a couple of bios updates (last update I did was about 3 months ago) and turning off amd cool and quite it didn’t seem to lockup as much or at all when rebooting. Also once booted never had any stuttering or freeing issues once it booted so I didn’t care too much since I only rebooted every week or two.

I get home today and it’s locked up like it has before but this time when I hard reboot it fails to post now. The dr debug goes through what seems like the usual amount of codes but then stops at 90 for a few seconds then goes through a couple of codes (notable ones 51 and 54) then stops at 90 again indefinitely.

Things I have checked cleared cmos with button on mobo and removing the battery, tried different gpu, removed all drives, booting with only one ram stick at a time.

Based on the codes it looks like both of my ram sticks died and unfortunately I don’t have access to any extra hardware to verify. Just figured I would check here to see if anyone had anything they think I should try or check before ordering new ram and going from there.

You tried bootii with single sticks? What’s 90 on debug say?

Yeah I have and the dr debug is 90 - Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is started

Didnt Download the manual, but if this page is accurate

then its a chipset error so would probably contract asrock

1 Like

Thanks. That page is accurate to the manual.