Computer Insanity!

So about 2 weeks ago my gtx 280 that I bought 1/2 died after 2 months of EXTREMELY light use. It was artifacting on the whole screen and pisssing me off. I then sent an e-mail to the seller who ENCOURAGED me to try methods to make the card work, so I replaced the thermal paste took off stickers that were peeling off when I received the card and trimmed the metal vent. None of this worked so the seller allowed me to send it in for a refund. After I sent it off with insurance and a tracking number I sent the seller an email with the number and a question asking when I could get my refund. He did not reply so it seemed fishy but I kept faithfull. Now hes claiming that what I had done FOR HIM is butchering the card and that it arrived 1 day after the federal govt. (usps) said it did and was past the refund deadline and claims he should not refund me. Amazon support did nothing and I filed a better business beuearu report. My brother in law Is a licenced  attourney so I'm going to hav him send a nice letter telling him my plans to persue legal action. I've started a petition that currently has 4 signatures for him to refund me.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nelson-williams-refund-me?utm_source=guides&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_created

Now since my main rig and laptop are down, I'm using a loaner laptop and building a spare parts rig.

specs of spare rig:

wd caviar blue 640gb hdd

phenom x4 9650 

biostar motherboard 

one of bestbuys knock off hyper 212 evo's

4gb ddr2 800mhz

and one MASSIVE thermaltake case from back in the day (1999) it fits anything from itx-btx-eatx and uatx just move the standoffs and of course it only accepts 60mm fans! such a nice 10 pound steel case!

My loaner laptop has no burner so I burned the only w7 install I had on my 1/2  dead main laptop. It didnt work because of a fucked up unatended file.

plus the damn rig wont boot with its second 2gb stick of ram, and the sata power thing is fucked up on the hdd

and those damnn motherboards wouldnt boot from extreme unstable overclocks and I had to force clear cmos.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE OVERCLOCKING I HATE SHORT WIRED POWERSUPPLYS WITH CHINESE CAPACITORS I HATE THOSE GOD DAMN 60MM FANS WITH THEIR SHITTY BALL BEARINGS. FUCK SOCKET AM2. FUCK GOOGLE............... WHERES  CHUCK NORRIS SO I CAN GO BEAT HIM UP!

Yes.

Although i could suggest you to write him and angry letter if you've not done that already and please begin it with,

"This is an angry letter."

yes. I will do that shortly!

Once this blog gets attention.  Direct him to the comments of your blog.  XD  Internet Justice!

Save your money from legal proceedings and upgrade. Scams and their creators will get their reward in the end.

you realize my bro in law would do this 4 free?

Voltan thanks dude srry about what happen hope you get everything workd out , and thanks for saving my from crying on my build ! 

np man, thanks

I feel your pain man,  I've had my share of RMA misery over the years. Unethical online sellers like this are an insidious disease that fouls the reputations of all online sellers. That's alot of negative Chi flowing on the fiber out there. It's also unfortunate that Amazon isn't being more helpful. All you can do is slam him with as many negative reviews as you can & maybe save the next guy some grief.  And ... I agree with PROGRAM's advice above ..."Save your money from legal proceedings and upgrade"... unless your Bro can give you the friends & family discount & take the @sshole to court.  Let us know how it works out ... later

all over a gtx 280? really? what is this 2007?

Lmao $20 isn't even worth typing this blog up over lol. If this guy had a job he prolly wouldn't care.