Computer in a Power Supply

Recently bought 3 ten year old computers with Pentium 4's ($17 total) from a regional thrift store.One of them had a dead power supply that I opened up and parted out (yay cleaning electrolytic stuff off heat sinks is fuuuunnnn).

I now have an empty power supply with scavenged molex fan, switch, and cable grommet. I could fit a micro-itx board in there but not a full heigth itx GPU and it's a bit big to be used with a PI. I have functional level metal working skills as well as two old cases I can take a hack saw to for parts/materials. I need ideas for what kind of computer I could put in this thing to use it as a NAS, router, or HTPC.

I could fit a micro-itx board in there but not a full heigth itx GPU

APU?

I was about to say the same thing. A10-6800K

I'll certainly look into that, I only have about 6 CM of space to play with here can I get a heat sink that short for an AMD processor?

also It should be noted that this is not a standard power supply, it's a strange one and I think the computer with the dead psu might have been a workstation or something at one point.

as ever, can I get a heat sink for it under 6 inches tall?

You could use the stock cooler and some good thermal paste if you are not planing to overclock.

no way in hell am I going to over clock this thing. It's in a two inch wider than normal power supply with a single 80mm fan in it. I have plenty of AS5 on hand, I assume that will do?

also also, any good mini-itx power supplies that I can use externally? preferably modular?

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX760DCMOC2GD5/

The GTX 760 Mini from ASUS is 4.7"... Which fits your needs. 

You're welcome. :D

Pico-PSU + laptop power brick, maybe?