Computer build comments

i just recently built a new computer and wanted to know what the group here thought of it and what i could do to make it better.

as a side not, this is my first ever pc build but i plan on doing more as more of my friends need a upgraded computer

i used the AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz 8 core preccesor with a enermax heatsink and a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ motherboard. i also got 16 gigs of g skill ripjaw x memory clocked at 1600 mhz. the graphics card i got is a msi nvidia gtx 660 ti power edition with 2 gigs of ddr5 ram. for the harddrive i got a intel 120 gig ssd as the boot drive and a seagate momentus xt 750 harddrive as the games drive, and a 3 tb 7200rpm mass storage drive just for data like music and pics. and then windows 7 prof edition cuz i dont like windows 8 and its new interface. i also have a 850 watt azza power supply

i am having one issue with my computer as where i can not get the full 1600mhz out of my ram. any thoughts would be great.

The componenets are solid, but I feel as though you have too much storage. An SSD, and then a Hybrid Drive, and then an HDD? I suppose its all good if you actually have that much media to store. I'd have spent the extra money on getting a better GPU, maybe a 670, or a 7950. 

Other than that, seems like a good build.

i got the 750 to hold all my games but have the faster load times, i did not want to put anything on ssd but the os, but thank you for your input, i am thinking of maybe upgrading my gpu but i was thinking of sli another gtx 660 ti as i have seen it keep up with the 680 and even surpass it

I gotcha. I've just never had any problem with load times with a simple 7200rpm drive with my games, but to each their own (:

And yeah, sli would be pretty sweet but its almost always recommended that you go with a single powerful card. Saves power, produces less heat, and there are fewer points of failure in your system. 

Although, you do have a pretty beefy psu, and if you've got a case that's got good cooling throughout, shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

To run at full 1600mHz, enable XMP in the UEFI.

i have a NZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case, it comes with a 200mm fan on the top and a 120mm on the back with (2) 120mm by the harddrives, but i have also put a 140mm fan in the front and another 200mm fan on the top, fyi it looks like a glacier lol

also thank you, when i get home i will check the UEFI and look for that, it will be a great help.

at the time i got that graphics card i was on more of a budget and just wanted a good card, but since i have this card it makes the most sence to just sli