Completely lock out home user from network

I have to agree with him!!! Maybe u feel its a hassle to move and find something else.. but who knows whats next the kid will do and u be facing dads wrongdoings again.

I have to agree here too...

You are wasting your time with trying to help the dad and the kid and not helping yourself. They have plenty of ways of helping themselfs but let it come donw to you. And in the meantime you have to pay the rent and do these dirty jobs for them. If you dealing with people who do not follow the rules I AM TELLING YOU YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE TO STAY AROUND.

Good clear options. Do not make the mistake that if you or the kid freaks out at some moment they not will both team up and blame all on you and kick you out.

It is fun to teach children.. play with them.. etc. but the moment you notice there is no respect and you are not able to agree on things you walking the darkside. Or are you getting payed to fix the router problem? Is the rent for FREE???

On the other side... i do not believe in ban people (or children) from the internet or phones or take away pen and paper so they cannot draw or write letters anymore. The boy needs to find a way to get some discipline. But surely YOU are not the one to teach him.

1 Like

Some bad and dangerous people are out in the world. What if someone is following him? He could use his phone to dial the police.

Or he could use his phone to save himself or someone else.

But while he is at home, the devices should be removed from his possession.

:O Isn't that stealing?

Awww. He is going to be living with out Ethernet and it is so fast. And awwwww. His money got wasted buying those cables.

That would be a great idea.

That's an even greater idea.

May the force be with you man!

Could you just run your own ap off the switching ports from the one thats there already and let dad deal with the other issues? Or would he just end up screwing with yours too?

Sounds to me like hes gaming and you guys are lagging him out lol.

Dad needs to kick the sons ass.

This is not a technical problem. You already tried the technical measures, and those were overcome.

The issue is that the kid is an insolent shit. He refuses to respect his father. His father is within his fatherly rights to administer some discipline in the form of ass kicking.

1 Like

Yeesh lot of ya'll folk arent too neighborly are ya? NedFlanders.jpg

I want to help the dad because he asked me and I live with him. No its not my problem, nor should it be, but that doesnt mean i have to be a bro-dude and peace out. The guy asked and I have the means if not the exact knowledge. Sticking it to the little weasel is just bonus points for me.

And yep Adubs is bang on, kids an addictive gamer and hes doing it for lag and DL speed.

As for theft, i just hid his case in the garage until we have the new router box set up, put his ipad inside the case, he can keep his phone. His dad chucked the box in the back of his truck while he goes on a week long trip this morning. Like I said, any time his shenaniganz impact me I just go tell him to unfork whatever he did and he does it on the spot.

And NetBandit, thats totally illegal in NZ. No whacking children around these parts.

1 Like

Couldn't he just use subnetting? I think you'd have to set DNS settings on the kid's computer though....

We will see man, its been 2 weeks and he hasnt been able to get in now that the reset pin is physically blocked. Killed the ethernet ports as well, little fella was furious hahaha.

Even if he does get in now, the new box has simple UI to block or time restrict specific devices...so if i catch im on at the same time I am, that's good night for that device.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I'm glad you found a way. But he hasn't learned anything from this except to be more sneeky next time :frowning: thats my concern