Dual Asus Strix GTX 1080's SLI'd with standard bridge
Corsair 850 watt power supply
Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD boot Drive
Raid 0 array of Dual 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD's
Corsair H100i V2 AIO CPU liquid cooler
Corsair C 70 Case
ASUS DVD reader/writer
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

There's a couple of things I still wan't to do first is OC'ing my CPU to 4.0Ghz and was wondering how to go about that as I've only really dragged a slider bar before for oc'ing. I would also like to set up a ubuntu partition on my samsung 950 pro m.2 but I don't know if that particular distribution supports NVME and if it does how would I got about making said changes. As I would really like to be more familiar with that OS rather then just being able to open a terminal in it to grab wine to play league of legends and world of warcraft, So Much of my Steam Library is becoming Linux compatible it is GREAT! I hope to see continued and increased support for games on Linux! Yes I know my cabling sucks I'd change it id I did not already plan on replacing all of them at some point with custom wrapped paracord cables when I order a C70 plexi side panel with out the holes and maybe I will sprinkle in some more SSD's for another Raid 0 array and then swap out every single fan and the 2 fans on the Radiator for those amazing noctua fans that have the magnets on the end with an inner copper ring in the fan housing so as they spin around the magnetic resonance cancels out over 90% of the sound they make there pricey though but I've already gone this deep don't plan on stopping. I am addicted to high performing properly cooled silent computer's really help's in the immersive Movie and Game experiences yeah you were wodering what that DVD drive was for weren't you well mystery solved have quite the movie collection but I plan on getting a DROBO box for wireless home storage and maybe 4 2TB hybrid drives for it and a cheap m.2 SSD for it's cache drive and rip all my DVD's to that.

1 Like

Uberclocking on x99 is rather painless. You just have to be patient and it can take a long time to dial in on what a given chips actual potential is. There a plenty of good vids on the details. This one is a good overview

hmmm utoob links not working apparently. just search X99 oerclocking in utube iguess

Ubuntu is easy as pie to test. Just use partition tools to create the desired partition beforehand to keep things clean.

1 Like

Probably should have put this under build logs category to... Whoops.

Moved to build logs.

No problem. ;-)

1 Like

I have almost the same setup, well minus the 1080's in sli, but I am getting my second after the first of the year.

I have a set of ssd's in raid 0 that runs linux on it. When ever you do get ready to install ubuntu on your system take out as much of your ram as you can. Unless, you know how to install linux by setting up all of your partions -which really isn't hard - then linux will make a swap file the same size as your ram size. So if you have 64gb, then your going to end up with a swap file that is 64gb, and thats way way to much. Really you only need a swap file around 10 maybe 12gb. I set all of mine at 8gb and have never had a problem with it.

Cool system. I can't wait to get my second 1080.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I love it I've over clocked the core clock with the app by 200MHZ each card first one runs at 68 under load the card under it because of the hot air being blows on it from card 2 runs at 72 but all are withing acceptable ranges. Cpu does not go past 58C either on stock clocks plan on OC'ing it to 4ghz soon.

What monitor do you have, if you don't mind me asking

Just a 2560x1080 but I am looking into buying a used 5k dell ultra sharp for $650ish seems like a really solid deal to me
Otherwise I will go Triple 2560x1080.

I almost bought a new one of those. I didn't and decided to go with the predator x34. I love it for everything I do. I can run three full size documents on it with no problem. The extra with is super nice for video editing and what not. Let me know how the 5k turns out.

1 Like

Will do planning on taking meh X-mass money and my paycheck combined should get me a sicko one.