Comparing Korean 40" Monitors - Some general questions

Hey guys :)

Since I've narrowed it down to a 40-42" monitor, I wanna ask you a few questions on those monitors I found:

WASABI MANGO UHD420
AMH A399U
AMH A409U
MicroBoard B400
MicroBoard B420
Crossover 434K

I won't use freesync cause I have a high-end NVIDIA GPU and won't buy an AMD soon, so that's not important to me.

Basically I am watching those six monitors cause they all have decent reviews and just wait for a good offer to show up. Before I jump quickly on an offer, I want to ensure that those monitors all feature the following:

Chroma 4:4:4
4k@60Hz
Displayport 1.2
HDMI 2.0

Can someone please confirm that for one/more/all models? So I don't buy one of them and realise it too late.

Following up on that, I have five more questions:

1) Anyone knows of a 40-42" monitor with GOOD reviews that matches those criteria and is in the same price area?
2) Can someone write me the actual response time and latency for one/more/all models? Cause when I read through all the threads in this forum, it seems like the specs given by the producer aren't always 100% right.
3) How is the upscaling on those models? Is it always the same? I haven't used a 4K ever or saw any, so I am wondering if the picture will be great in 4K@60Hz when gaming at 1920x1080 or watching a movie in the same resolution.
4) Can you recommend ebay/amazon sellers that send to Germany and you've had positive experiences with? It seems like dream-seller doesn't.
5) Do you always go for perfect pixel? I often see their "non return" policy and am quite scared. But then again I dont know how much 10 pixels are...
6) Do you know a 40" UHD monitor with 3D?

I know some of this is propably answered somewhere already. And trust me, I am working through all those 40" related threads, but it's rly much since I am new in the forum and if an offer comes up, I wanna snap it!

Oh, I posted it in the wrong forum, cause I was just surfing here :XX Can someone move it to the right one?

"Other hardware"?

Thank you! I am sorry

Wasabi Mango is still probably the best to get overall if you're doing gaming

pixel perfect just lessens the chance of dead pixels, but it should generally be much better

Well, the problem is, someone said the 399 has a faster response time than the WM and that there are two versions. I feel like I will buy the wrong one. And then it's currently for 716$ (to Germany) and that's no perfect pixel and no one mentioned the seller in the forum before. Green-Sum sells a perfect pixel for 1800$... WTF?!

The wasabi mango though is more guaranteed to run at 120hz 1080p, which is great for games

As far as shipping goes, you're pretty much all on your own here.

that's true. But I think it sucks to permanently switch modes from 4k to 2k but yeah maybe, I could use that. But didn't Wendell say something bad about 2K@120Hz, something bad in that mode I think I can remember.

Btw: None of the others does 2k@120Hz?

Generally when you run any display at lower than native resolution you can increase the refresh rate, or you can overclock some displays, but I don't know how well the others will support that for gaming

the scaling is perfect from 1080p to 4k

So if I watch a 1080p video on the WM in the 2k@120Hz mode and then switch to the 4k@60Hz mode, the vidoe will improve, cause the monitor scales the picture up... or something like that?

It'll still be a 1080p video, 4k is more for productivity, there isn't too much native 4k content yet

Ahhh okay, cause I am pretty sure that during my research, I read that some TV's can upscale your image from 2K. It obviously wouldn't be true 4K, just an enhanced 2K picture, but still better than nothing. Do you know if that's just unusual for monitors and only TV's do that or if there is any monitor that can do that aswell? Also, I would like to know if anyone knows a 40" UHD monitor with 3D?

I was just browsing on Newegg and found this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH32E7268

Model
UHD420 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 SE 729$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH2YW2900

Model
UHD420 REAL 4K HDMI 2.0 799$

The specs for both are the same. What is the difference? One has an "SE", the other one doesnt. Cause I should be careful to get the right K-4500 board.

Ebay:
* WASABI MANGO UHD420 713$
* AMH A399U (best response time) 490$ (dream-seller, sold out)
* AMH A409U 600$ (dream-seller, sold out)
* MicroBoard B400 600$ (dream-seller, sold out)
* MicroBoard B420 720$ (dream-seller, sold out)
* Crossover 434K 800$ (dream-seller, sold out)

This is what I've found. The cheapest WM UHD420 right now, shipping to Germany, is 713$. Then I listed all the prices dream-seller sold his monitors for. Considering those prices, I might wanna wait for the AMH A399U to reappear and settle for that, since it saves me 223$.

I think the YAMAKASI 40" 4K O40USUT monitor is worth your time to consider. I bought this as a December Solstice 2015 gift for myself and am blown away with 4K gaming Witcher 3, at 60Hz. It's spectacular on this display.

I read about the monitors you are considering and every other 4K monitor I could find a reference for. A handful may be better than mine, but it's Death March hard to beat this quality for the price.

The YAMAKASI 40 is selling on Amazon for $543.69, with free shipping from a Korean company named RED TAB INC, who were responsive to every question and gave excellent customer service. For those who care, English communication was very good.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017VWX3U8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Note: I wrote the long ass review, so it’s clear I’ve drunk the Kool-Aid, as far as this monitor’s concerned. (-_-) .

And, if 40 inches isn't enough, right now (01/16/2016) there is a 48" version (different display panel?) for $590. That's insane.

What I don't understand is why there are no tech site reviews for this monitor. It's been especially vexing, since YAMAKASI produced other popular gaming monitors, the 27" Catleap and the 30" Leonidas.

This monitor has one HDMI 2.0 (hence 4k at 60Hz) and three HDMI 1.3 and MHL. I'm pretty sure this is a PVA3 Samsung panel. It has light AR coating, so not glossy and not too matte. It appears to be CHROMA 4:4:4 and 10-Bit Color.

I thought about 60Hz versus 144Hz and about NVIDIA and AMD sync protocols. When those issues are completely resolved, I can hope YAMAKASI will put out a firmware update. I’m fine either way.

While Pixel Perfect purchasing is not an option, mine came with only one black pixel down in the lower left corner, for near perfection. Otherwise, the most significant CONS are that it has a hardwired power cable and has no Display Port. For me, the power cord is a non-issue and the v1.3 DP I wanted is hard to find in any size monitor, unless you’re made of money.

Good luck with your purchase!

Hello.
What graphic card you used for 4k Witcher3 gaming on YAMAKASI O40USUT?
What about refresh rate and input lag?
Thank you, Alex

Hi, Alex. I'm using dual NVidia GTX 980 Ti video cards. The max refresh rate is 60Hz on this monitor. I don't know the lag, but never notice any. Still very happy with this monitor. Buying now, I'd be looking hard at the Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC if I could afford the extra cash. Have fun.

shortnow

So you would have the Philips over the korean monitors?

Can you explain why?

I'm also kinda sorta in the market for a 40" 4K monitor... kind of... Problem is that the inexpensive ones have all sold out and the Yamakasi doesn't have Displayport... which I need a monitor like this to have.

I dare you to find a decent Korean panel.

I wasted too much time on this myself. There are no good panels to buy, especially from Korea. They all have problems in some sense. In fact, also stop wasting time on looking for TVs (Samsung, LG) that are good. They are all VA panels. Nothing true quality, IPS.

I'm gonna drop big on a normal monitor, from Dell or LGE in 2018. Stupid korean panels. Don't wast your time.