Community Photo Assignments - April 2017

Key to taking decent phone photos is usually good lighting - if you can get your lighting down, you can get some good photos out of your device. Usually want to avoid dark areas. Also keep in mind that you can usually re-adjust the exposure by tapping on the screen where you want the camera to readjust (helps when a photos being blown out).

Try exploring with perspective a little too - phones are versatile and small, might want to try getting extremely low on the ground or hang somewhere high!

I haven't used a camera app in a while but I was using "Manual Camera" back in the day. It allowed me to use full manual control to get the photo I wanted.

It is no where near as cool, but I have an old Athlon that was my first over clock. I miss that chip. In any case, that photograph is very nicely done.

Just checking in -- how's everyone else's projects going? I have an idea in mind, going to be going to get my photo soon. :slight_smile:

Photo of a replica Viking house, took this a few days ago whilst out near Grimwith reservoir, Iphone 6s:

4 Likes

Got mine. Poker run/cruz last weekend.

5 Likes

Took this picture yesterday. She's been chillin here for 62 years. Takes care of our cutlery.

2 Likes

Went to an abandoned couple of buildings in what was once called Dodson, Oregon. Roof is gone, glass is shattered, trash left behind... Yesterday, there was once a nice little gas station here -- today, nature is doing what it does best.

Higher resolution here.

Alternative photo I almost picked...

7 Likes

beautiful little pond

1 Like

Ha! I hike in that area as well. Beautiful spot. Also, I like your photo.

1 Like

Thanks! And I'm very fortunate to live up in the gorge. :slight_smile: Likely changing soon, though.

1 Like

Alright, any suggestions for the next prompt?

No, I still have today to submit my images :stuck_out_tongue:

I had taken these two. However I feel like they fit more or a "time" theme than yesterday. Maybe the second more so than the post box which is all about getting a letter send the other day i suppose if you think about it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Gorgeous texture on the mailbox -- and if you think about it differently, physical mail could be referred to as something of "yesterday" -- atleast in our day and age. :wink:

Ponderosa? Wood pecker has been going ham on those. Interesting form, like the way it takes up the frame.

drools

Okay, spill the beans. You shoot with this often? The muted darks are good -- not overdone. Great shot!

Thank you.

Not at all actually. I bought it because I wanted to try out shooting film but I just can't take the wait. I am also not interested in the whole developing process. I am more interested in the result. And digital is simply the better and faster tool for that.

I just realized that the forum converted my upload into 8 bit and created that horrible banding....
Gonna fix that in a moment.

Nope, fuck it. Too lazy.

1 Like

Alright - last day for suggestions for a new prompt. I'm thinking of something basic, like "Yellow" or maybe doing something more obscure like "motion."

1 Like

Don't do yellow. There's tens of square miles of yellow fields around me, everyone will just get pictures of fields of yellow plants!

motion sounds interesting.

2 Likes

@moderators can you close the thread?

Have a new thread for May now: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/community-photo-assignments-may-2017/115550