CoMmUnItY eNgAgEmEnT -- L1T Leader AMA: AdminDev Edition

$ wc -l

?

1 Like

8 entries.

Back on topic, @AnotherDev’s wife.

2 Likes

Okay serious question.

NFS vs syncthing vs nextcloud for home usage.

LOL. She’s a woman of mystery. La Femme Fatale. Wait…

I use NFS and NextCloud.

NFS for development work and recording. NextCloud for ebooks and music.

missed opportunity:

International Woman of Mystery.

1 Like

Minimal functional system there if you need to manually chroot one of the snapshots and/or remote into it.
Zfs on root isn’t really supported so you might need to diy a kernel there or something and disk is cheap

2 Likes

Did you want to install a base install of arch on the /boot or something?

1 Like

@AnotherDev who is your least favorite forum user and why is it me?

7 Likes

I sometimes get irritated with the personas on this forum, but I don’t outright dislike anyone.

4 Likes

If you had to choose between 1 core and 4GB RAM or 4 cores and 1GB, how would you end yourself?

3 Likes

Definitely more RAM than more cores. I write bloated software :grin:

3 Likes

Anything that’s not written in assembly is bloated.

1 Like

anything that isn’t written on cave walls is bloated

3 Likes

How do you like living in Texas?

1 Like

If you are having issues with finding, i guess, impetus to do anything tech related.
What are you doing that does motivate you?
Like any hobbies, side gigs etc?

@SgtAwesomesauce I wonder if I have any notes, I hope not, but I remember pissing one of the mods off. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Can’t get into too much with respect to the rules, but for the most part I like the weather, generally, and I like a lot of the people. The culture is cool, depending on where you go, and the job opportunities are a plenty.

I don’t like the law enforcement in wealthy places and low income places, I don’t like some of the religious practitioners, but I do like their Christ and I do like a lot of their pastors and leaders. The influx of people from California have made some places toxic and hostile.

Other than that, I really like it. Only other place I’d go is Colorado or Wyoming, but I heard they don’t like people from Texas.

3 Likes

Prolly not really the only part we need is the ability to create and restore (mount) snapshots

Arch/manjaro I can usually rescue by booting from USB and chrooting and using the package manager. So that’s all we need prolly.

No need to do everything at once. Can just boot menu the last x snapshots and snapshot on update . Good to go.

Check out tim and … one other b/u util? Tho these seem slower and less elegsnt than snapshots

3 Likes

I’m writing a book, currently. I am also getting back into exercising.

4 Likes

I think you’d lose the good weather in both of those places.

2 Likes

Ooooh what’s the book about?

I’ve started exercising again too, been going through an awful breakup and i couldn’t bear looking myself in the mirror. Keep with it :ok_hand:

2 Likes