CoMmUnItY eNgAgEmEnT -- L1T Leader AMA: AdminDev Edition

No, I get crazy restless. I stand at work all the time and pace when I’m on the phone. Couldn’t pay me enough :wink:

2 Likes

You know what? If @AnotherDev doesn’t buy in on this, I will. DM me or make a thread.

I was actually having difficulties with this recently.

That said, Manjaro doesn’t I think support ZFS root installs with their graphical installer. (correct me if wrong) That’s another thing I want to fix.

You just won even more adoration from me.

They stopped calling them skylines after R34.

5 Likes

Okay babe, question time:

How’s the podcast going?

Have you been posting to admindev labs lately? If so, what? If not, why?!

3 Likes

What do you want to get done this year?

2 Likes

Create a 1gb /boot/efi (efi) and a 20gb /boot

WHY?

1 Like

2 Likes

stop ruining my fucking dreams

2 Likes

It’s going better than I thought it was going to go. I think the gang are benefiting from it more than I am lol. One just got a new job at Sophos as a DevOps Engineer. The other is doing big things on other podcasts and giving a presentation at Microsoft.

No. That thing we spoke about hit hard, again. Taking some time off but I haven’t done shit outside of work, and just done the bare minimum while at work. Pretty bad bug of not giving a single fuck.

I plan on doing it after the time off.

I wanted some more RedHat certs, but building out my GitHub profile is going to take a bigger priority.

Snapshot space?

Haha sorry man. I got hit with a huge, crippling bug of not enjoying tech anymore. I’m trying to get out of it, but it’s not going anywhere.

1 Like

Yeah I have a wife too.

She complains anytime i go near my PC

6 Likes

Fucking lmao.

She’s actually very supportive. She claims to have married me for my earning potential.

6 Likes

that’s coz they aren’t skylines, #youcantchangemymind

car industry died in early 2000s

4 Likes

Sometimes worth leaving the tech at work, even if you do that for a few years. Something to be said for having a healthy split of ‘work’ based stuff and other life stuff

2 Likes

counter point: AMG

True.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

never liked mercs much don’t ban pls

2 Likes

Maybe this is why your joy has left you.

I am tempted to ask my wife for an open marriage… 50% of my time to her and 50% of my time with my PCs

1 Like

Lmao, nah, she said this a long time ago as a joke when I left my bench tech gig and went into the corporate scene.

She makes more than I do :wink:

3 Likes

preferences, but this will go in your permanent record. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

the longer it is the harder it is search stuff in it

2 Likes

I now see your strategy

Just checked, your staff notes has a scroll bar.

1 Like