Community effort

• DXVK - DX11 to Vulkan Translation Layer for Wine
  • Kdenlive - (video editor, it crashes a lot and could probably benefit from some community assistance)
  • MLT - (Media Lovinā€™ Toolkit, framework that Kdenlive uses)
  • Looking Glass - Community Linux Tool
  • MultiMC - Minecraft Launcher
  • GNS3 (Graphical Network Simulator)
  • Round cube - Web mail
  • Newpipe - YouTube application (android)
  • CentOS+KDE+firefox+plugins - xclipboard/klipper overflow
  • Krita - Paint program (linux, windows, mac)
  • Darktable - raw photo editing (linux)
  • RawTherapee - raw photo editing (linux, windows)
  • K9-Mail - email app (android)
  • VLC - video player (linux, windows, mac, android) (thinking primarily Android testing)
  • AntennaPod - podcast feed / player (android)
  • Solus- Linux distro that needs some love

0 voters

3 Likes

How is looking glass so low?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking about Krita & Darktable.

it was already done. Plus it could be good to help someone else out.

Im hoping for kdenlive and solus

4 Likes

Voted for KDEn live, being a problem for many users and some other projects might be too flamboyant as a piloting run.

3 Likes

yep. Would be neat to see some help into kdenlive. I dont do much video editing but would be nice having a open source video editor

1 Like

Its probably a good choice, its accessible, anyone can install it on their system, anyone can test out bugs etc.

2 Likes

This might be worthwhile. https://github.com/audiohacked/OpenCorsairLink

1 Like

Unfortunately we are no longer accepting requests for new projects. Be sure to submit it when we gather projects for next month though :smiley:

2 Likes

Kdenlive is everything looking glass isnā€™t. People who want to contribute to LG can, but this is why Kdenlive is getting so many votes:

EDIT: @blackfire, you should link to the poll in the OP so people can find it more easily.

4 Likes

We are leaders. we can do it ourselves =P

poll is in the OP

2 Likes

Yeah, I like to take a hands-off approach. I wouldnā€™t like it if someone else edited my post without asking, so I wonā€™t do that to anyone else.

2 Likes

KDenLive gets my vote. Video editing is not viable on Linux (see: Jupiter Broadcasting, Linux Academy)

Even Lightworks crashes again and again for me in Linux. I just played with some loopholes and got Adobe. This is not the route I want to go.

Letā€™s do this :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I think Kdenlive is (mostly) feature complete, but needs the stability and performance. Thatā€™s where we could come in. If we can help provide a larger testing (and reporting) platform, we can help developers hammer down these crashes a bit more.

I would also like to figure out how the heck weā€™re supposed to contribute to it, Iā€™ve tried before, but the damn issue tracker is a bit of a mystery to me. (Iā€™m too socially awkward to post on IRC)

The only thing that needs testing in KDL is 4k and 8k video editing
It crashes with that
Thats about it

I get crashes all the time at 1080. 4k is unusable.

It seems to be because kdenlive doesnā€™t know how to gracefully handle a lot of processing errors, or the user being impatient and trying to tell it to do something itā€™s in the process of doing.

???

I havenā€™t had 1080 crashes at all. Now Iā€™m at 1200p, still no problems. Could be an OS problem?

Itā€™s possible. Iā€™m in the process of migrating to KDE, so Iā€™ll let you know if that helps, but under Gnome, problems abound.

I right click the timeline: segfault.
I tell it to render proxies: this application is responding too much, letā€™s fix that with a silent crash.
I ask it to switch to successfully rendered proxies: Instant too-much-work violation, segfault it is!

The Linux Gamer has issues with this as well.

Gnome is a problem in and of itself. Trust me, youā€™ll be a lot better on something else (like XFCE).

Stop using gnome.

Like i said, in process of moving away. Iā€™m just waiting for the weekend to migrate my work machine because I canā€™t afford the downtime to get it configured the way I want.

2 Likes