Community effort

This goes beyond my knowledge but I know it exists: At least created/published to facilitate crowd translations. Every now and then I’ve tried to translate projects but the instructions are like installing Linux From Scratch, ain’t nobody got time for that.

1 Like

We should just add Documentation to the list.

3 Likes

http://zanata.org/

This might be of use.

I think that’s the most difficult part of getting translation done. Building a framework that makes it easy for people to pitch in.

2 Likes

For open source android apps this exists:

Thing is this is relatively easy for android due to the well defined string handling.

For other applications though its more complicated. What you linked though already looks really good.

I am thinking how to structure this. I think a poll each month on the 15th could go live with submissions for the next months project. Then on the roll over to the next month new thread is created to base information on it post suspected issues and gather info for devs.

15th poll Live
1st new month new thread with project name

If we get enough ppl Jenkins or something could be set up but I think for the first couple just see how it rolls and how many people want to put time into it.

In the project thread post info on where bug tracker is
How to debug
Where logs are stored

5 Likes
  • DXVK - DX11 to Vulkan Translation Layer for Wine
  • Kdenlive - (video editor, it crashes a lot and could probably benefit from some community assistance)
  • MLT - (Media Lovin’ Toolkit, framework that Kdenlive uses)
  • Looking Glass - Community Linux Tool
  • MultiMC - Minecraft Launcher
  • GNS3 (Graphical Network Simulator)
  • Round cube - Web mail
  • Newpipe - YouTube application (android)
  • CentOS+KDE+firefox+plugins - xclipboard/klipper overflow
  • Krita - Paint program (linux, windows, mac)
  • Darktable - raw photo editing (linux)
  • RawTherapee - raw photo editing (linux, windows)
  • K9-Mail - email app (android)
  • VLC - video player (linux, windows, mac, android) (thinking primarily Android testing)
  • AntennaPod - podcast feed / player (android)
  • Solus- Linux distro that needs some love

0 voters

3 Likes

How is looking glass so low?

That’s what I’m thinking about Krita & Darktable.

it was already done. Plus it could be good to help someone else out.

Im hoping for kdenlive and solus

4 Likes

Voted for KDEn live, being a problem for many users and some other projects might be too flamboyant as a piloting run.

3 Likes

yep. Would be neat to see some help into kdenlive. I dont do much video editing but would be nice having a open source video editor

1 Like

Its probably a good choice, its accessible, anyone can install it on their system, anyone can test out bugs etc.

2 Likes

This might be worthwhile. https://github.com/audiohacked/OpenCorsairLink

1 Like

Unfortunately we are no longer accepting requests for new projects. Be sure to submit it when we gather projects for next month though :smiley:

2 Likes

Kdenlive is everything looking glass isn’t. People who want to contribute to LG can, but this is why Kdenlive is getting so many votes:

EDIT: @blackfire, you should link to the poll in the OP so people can find it more easily.

4 Likes

We are leaders. we can do it ourselves =P

poll is in the OP

2 Likes

Yeah, I like to take a hands-off approach. I wouldn’t like it if someone else edited my post without asking, so I won’t do that to anyone else.

2 Likes

KDenLive gets my vote. Video editing is not viable on Linux (see: Jupiter Broadcasting, Linux Academy)

Even Lightworks crashes again and again for me in Linux. I just played with some loopholes and got Adobe. This is not the route I want to go.

Let’s do this :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I think Kdenlive is (mostly) feature complete, but needs the stability and performance. That’s where we could come in. If we can help provide a larger testing (and reporting) platform, we can help developers hammer down these crashes a bit more.

I would also like to figure out how the heck we’re supposed to contribute to it, I’ve tried before, but the damn issue tracker is a bit of a mystery to me. (I’m too socially awkward to post on IRC)

The only thing that needs testing in KDL is 4k and 8k video editing
It crashes with that
Thats about it