Coming from console, $600 us budget

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TnXCVn

Is this a good pc for the money? I will be playing games like csgo, gta v, and minecraft. Any recommendations will help. Thank you in advance.

Looks good, I am not very familiar with the FX motherboards so perhaps someone can confirm what is good. Also I would suggest you grab a 1TB Seagate/WD Blue for $50-$55 so you can install your games on there. Especially on GTA V. You are going to have around 20GB to play with after you install windows along with GTA V.

I agree that extra storage would be good.
otherwise it's a decent build.

Pretty good build. The only thing I would change is the R9 280 to a GTX 960. They both perform relatively the same, but the 960 has some goodies that I personally liked.

Other than that, you need more storage. That SSD isn't going to cut it. Add a 500 GB if you can, maybe something smaller.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cM2gmG

That's my take on it; grabbed a cheaper but still good case, cheaper but still r9 280 card, cheaper but still powerful and efficient PSU, added a larger SSD and 1TB HDD, changed the RAM for cheaper stuff because its still 8GB of RAM and it doesn't need to have a flashy heatsink attached to it. Also,I swapped the MB to a 970 chipset board which dropped the price by $50, if you're only going to overclock a little bit and use a single GPU then there's no need for the 990FX chipset.

1 Like

A 212evo would be enough if he wasn't going to overclock much anyway. Noctua is usually used for heavier overclocks.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($96.95 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($91.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($172.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($68.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $615.76

I think this is better. 128GB SSD idk bro. You don't ever want to fill a SSD to fill capacity. get a 240-256gb ssd at least that'll put you back at $650.

The gigabyte motherboard for 990 is considered best for the money.

1 Like