Colloidial Silver as PC Coolant

So, I have been doing alot of research on water cooling PC's, and while in the process found that pure silver is an excellent Biocide. Well, I don't know if any of you have heard of colloidial silver or not, but basically you go through a simple process of getting individual silver ions into water within 5 minutes. The particles are so small (atomic size) that they can't build up again. Also, the process is very easy and can be done at home with some pure silver rods.

So, I was wondering if I could fill a PC watercooling system completely with colloidial silver, and nothing else.

Also, I was wondering if it would hinder corrosion because the water already has plenty of metallic ions, making the water not "want" any more.

Silver has been known for centuries to kill bacteria and preserve liquids. Even Aristotle knew silver could act as a water preserver.

well, they do make silver fittings, but silver has better uses... it also happens to be the best conducting metal. besides, silver is expensive

$32 isn't that expensive.

Pretty overkill.

Using a silver coil in distilled water or a few drops of solution would resolve any growth and be inexpensive.

[quote]Using a silver coil in distilled water or a few drops of solution would resolve any growth and be inexpensive.[/quote]

That's what most people would use. Small amount of coil or couple of drops of anti-insecticide solution for LC will do the job fine, with regards to cost. Just think when you have to change the water everytime during an annual maintainence. One of our old members have recommended using this and he has one in his loop, after the pre-dyed coolant percipitated into the CPU block, causing overheat.. I bet he will know this well.