So basically I’m changing my major to CIS instead of CS, and choosing between two schools.
- National University
- I’m already enrolled
- Private, non-profit
- No paperwork required because I’m already there
- One class every 4 weeks (very simple)
- Not very many opinions on reputability
- Get 2x as much money from GI bill because I can go on campus
- Can’t get an answer of how many classes I have left until I finish paperwork, but don’t want to finish my paperwork, see how many classes I have left, and if I have too many I’ll end up going to National anyways, but then I have to do all the VA paperwork for national all over again.
- Private, for-profit
- Two classes every 8 weeks (nothing I can’t handle, but there’s more potential for them to screw up per-requisits)
- Mixed opinions on reputability. Some good reviews, some legit negative reviews, and some dumb people
The GI bill is what’s really throwing a wrench in this. If I go to DeVry, I will get DOUBLE my housing allowance each month (about $1500 vs $750 that I’m getting now). But, if they screw up my schedule, I might end up running out of benefits before I finish my degree, and depending on how many extra classes I need to take that might end up offsetting that cost. With National, it’s very straight-forward, so I’m not worried about that.
Any more personal opinions about either college? They’re basically my only two options if I want to finish my degree some time this decade. Some other schools like ASU and WGU have some full online programs, but if I’m going to go all online I’d rather just stay at National and not have to screw with the paperwork.