Coffelake prices on anandtech

I’m really curious to see the 6/6 i5s against the 7th gen 4/8 i7s

the 6/6 will beat them out. Intel has shitty SMP.

1 Like

the 8600k might actually manage to beat the older i7’s if it overclocks high enough

8400 still wont be good enough compared to last gen parts

1 Like

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6600K/3502vs3503

all SMP is shitty

2 Likes

In multicore probably but single core I’d prob still bet on the old i7

I paid $325 for an i7-5820K in October of 2014. It’s now 3 years later and Intel is still charging the same per-core cost despite competition. Nothing seems to be changing.

1 Like

This could just be a case of intel trading on their reputation, because regardless of how amd performs in comparison… ‘everyone’ knows intel is better, right?.

3 Likes

Even if their next IPC gain is incremental, per core performance is still significantly better than ryzen.
Everyone remembers the 3 rules of CPU buying

1. Use case
  2. Use case
  3. Use case
2 Likes

I dunno about that. They have good competition. I’m not interested in Intel because I want to support AMD (competition is good, remember?), but they do appear to have some genuinely good options on the table. Time will tell though, I don’t want to make any final decisions until benchmarks are released.

I might start saving for an 8600K and a nice motherboard… gonna have to see how the price/performance shapes up, and the price of flash…

Considering what I have now, an i5 2500K, and seeing the prices here in US when I am in Canada and it will likely cost much more (our dollar is getting better and better though) I don’t think I will be upgrading still for some time.

As a fellow Canadian I’d argue that upgrading to a ryzen system is much more economical overall.

I don’t get all of the hype over the new more fancy processor. Why would you honestly need anything more than a Pentium II? A Pentium II is going to do everything you’re going to do with your fancy hyper threaded coffee core processor made by people with poor business ethics.

But a Pentium II is made by non-organic unfair-trade beans, so it’s just as bad ethics.

3 Likes

Agreed. I only buy cruelty free CPU’s. Anything older than first gen i3/i5/i7 were kept in cages their whole life and i dont support that

3 Likes

whats funny is they should be going down now due to actual competition

2 Likes

Currious how well they will overclock.

1 Like

If it can be kept cool (I’m assuming with a good water cooling loop it will be), 5.0Ghz all cores is not unreasonable

How relevant that is I don’t know. Most people prob won’t have the cooling and most people don’t overclock anyway

Meme mildly related:

9 Likes

FTFY

plz intel, stop wit the mayo

(Leaked intel tim provider)

3 Likes