Cloud Atlas thoughts and impressions

So I've seen something pretty interesting.Half of the people say it's brilliant while the other half say it's terrible and a big waste of time/money.Personally,I've seen it and I loved it.

What are your thoughts about it?People say it's too complicated and you loose track of the plot,therefore,getting confused.

For those who did not see it nor heard about it yet,here's a link :

Extended look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJVFOKaGUY

I'm only asking this out of curiosty since it made such a fuss on the internet. Everyone was hyped up when they saw the trailer and then,to my surprise,half of them were dissapointed after seeing it.

It was good but not as good as I'd hoped for. They really created a lot of hype for it with the extended trailer and interview of the directors (I even bought the book after watching the trailer). I was disapointed overall. I don't think I would want to sit through it again. That is the one thing I measure a good movie by, whether or not I would want to watch it again. Great movies you can watch countless times and they are solid: The Piantist, Shawshank Redemption, Office Space, Fight Club, Star Wars series etc.

This movie is kind of a tough nut to crack for me. On one hand I really enjoyed the acting and cinematography, but on the other I wasn't too fond of the overall premise. Honestly though, I'm just nitpicking. I liked the film. Was it amazing/live up to the hype? Well.. plenty of movies outshone it in 2012 alone. But was it a shitty movie? Certainly not. I'd be willing to bet that the same people who think this movie is a "waste of time" are the same people who think The Dark Knight Rises is the greatest movie ever.

I loved it. I really like this kind of movies. The Fountain or Blueberry I also like, but this one is better.