Cloth desk pillow/mat

So for a long time I had pain in my wrists. After visiting a therapist I got advice to use palm rests with my keyboard and mouse. I found them mostly annoying though and ended up folding a towel instead so my arms line up with the keyboard and mouse. It looks like this:

It works wonders for my pain. However it looks kinda crappy, it flops around, does not stay put etc. So I started to look into buying a kind of “Pillow” and I found this:

Now this seems to be what I am looking for. However it does not come in black and some reviews says it stinks chemicals. Also its made of fleece so I’m guessing it will become kinda hot during the summer. Also bacteria will fester. Is there any alternatives to this pillow that are more…silicon based or something on the top?

I don’t know if my comment will be useful but what about you making one yourself?

My suggestion would be to buy some memory foam and seal it up in a plastic bag. Than buy a metal rectangle to use as a base + weight, get some push buttons on it (the ones used on clothing) and put the other side of the push buttons on a piece of fabric of your likings so that you can take it off and wash it once in a while or swap it out if it gets worn out.

P.S. to get the push buttons on the fabric you’ll need to go to a tailor, but that’s not too hard or spensive to do.

1 Like

I have considered it, but it will take a lot of time and energy and I suck at sewing and what not. :slight_smile: If going to a tailor, they charge around 50 USD/Hour here so it would be a bit expensive.

I totally get that it’s not easy. But charging 50$/H to just squeeze a special plier to apply some buttons is insane.

Anyway my comment turned out to be useless, sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.