I've recently built a new desktop computer and I'm having trouble running the game Crossfire. The game downloads great but when I run it before it gets to the log-in screen a message pops up stating, "Client file corrupted, closing game client."
Things I've done to try and fix it,
- Running the game as administrator
- Running the game with anti-virus disabled
- Doing a clean install following the steps provided on the support forum on their website (http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=52579&page=2)
- anti-virus is Webroot (Also have tried with AVG, using the free trial, and adding the file to the exceptions)
- downloaded using Firefox... I don't know if it could be web browser based, just thought of that now.
I don't think specs are necessary but if they are, or just interested, ask.
Hope there is a solution out there, I thank you guys/gals in advanced, Nerd.