Civilization 6 Just Announced

All aboard the hype train!

5 Likes

Sad there is no Leonard Nemoy....

Welp let's hope it is better than BE and that the AI is not pants on head retarded this time. Really don't know what they are gonna do with this though...

Ed Beach is apparently working on this one, he's the guy who made CIV5 really shine with those DLC's. I think this will be a solid release.

2 Likes

Some interesting bits:

EXPANSIVE EMPIRES:
See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
ACTIVE RESEARCH:
Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY:
Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
COMBINED ARMS:
Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER:
In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.

Being able to combine units will be awesome. Seeing your city occupying more than one tile and grow out will be awesome.

2 Likes

1 Like

fangirling intensifies

To clarify, I'm not a girl.

1 Like

so for the combined arms they arent just going back to Civ4's multiple stacked units on a single tile method, but they are allowing some sort of combination mechanic? I'd just prefer the stacking method.

It sounds more like you have specific support units that can only merge with regular units. You still can't stack your entire army on one tile.

Combining them will probably be an optional thing that you can completely ignore.

makes sense. What was the drawback of having a ton of units on a single title? I kind of liked it better.

I think it took away from some of the strategy. I like the chess style combat in CIV5

Well that was worthless ?

meh, no thanks. There's something seriously wrong with the game if the modded modes are more enjoyable and balanced. I think it's about 2 years now that I've still have it uninstalled. I mean seriously when Alpha Centauri and caesar 3 is more enjoyable than Civ 5 there's something wrong. Also Civilization: Beyond earth was total failure compared to the original. Game Developer 4 ded. RIP

Civ 5 also went on sale 75% off

Your loss. Your definitely in the major minority of people that dislike CIV V.

This makes me wanna play CIv 5 again

Linux port of the game has been confirmed.

2 Likes

I play a lot of Civ V on linux. When Civ VI plays on linux I will buy it most likely unless they tank it.

Beyond Earth was a disaster of micro managing several trade routes per city that got to the point every turn was trade routes and zero fun.

I honestly kinda liked CIV:BE but then again I'm a whore for space games. I thought it was fun for what it was, I don't think it should be compared to CIV5 too much, it's a different style of game.

May have to pick this up, haven't played much civ since 4