Cisco should get their s**t together

So this happens to drop into my feed:

Turns out Cisco have no idea what they are doing and they tried to fix an remote code & execution bug, plus an config export bug, by blocking the curl user-agent on the devices nginx configuration. REALLY?!
I have never been fond of Cisco, but this s**t is getting out of hand. Unifi seems to know their stuff 10000 timers better than Cisco and compared by value they are just a tiny ant… How did this even get through quality control?

Cisco: decent hardware, shit software. been that way for a decade or more now :-\

Yes, i run a cisco network.

2 Likes

Also shitty licensing… :wink:
Nothing is like paying all them millions for WLAN APs licenses and for the controller while companies such as Unifi does the controller and updates for free.
If I had a say in it, the company where I work would run a core network on Cisco, while all wireless would run Unifi.

NB: Decent hardware is true… But feel like they have lost all their credibility the last few years. Do you remember this one? https://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/09/07/this-hilarious-cisco-fail-is-a-network-engineers-worst-nightmare/

1 Like

oh yeah don’t get me started on fucking cisco licensing…

most recent bug i dealt with was a recent 4500x IOS. can’t remember the specifics as it was a year ago but basically the mac address table and arp timeouts didn’t work properly.

in fucking 2018.

what? that’s switching 101

1 Like

Auch, thats not good :frowning:
I am willing to bet a hefty sum that Cisco will buy Ubiquiti Networks in order to prevent them from eating a massive market share.
Because that is what Cisco does now. Buyouts, never invent or improve anything.

Just look at Ironport and Sourcefire… Heck, Sourcefire which was bought in 2012 or whatnot, still has the same donkey ass ugly GUI that it had in 2012. They just smacked a Cisco logo on top of it.

1 Like

Good thing user agents never change.

Same as everyone else, Nvidia recently, Intel all the time (McAfee lol). Kind of sad.

1 Like

AMD CPU’s are very innovative.

Same as ARM and IBM (Power is IBM, right?). Just all the 300 pound gorilla are sleeping.

1 Like

I thought they already had a stake in Ubiquiti?

edit:
ah i think i’m maybe thinking of Meraki

Blockquote
I thought they already had a stake in Ubiquiti?
edit:
ah i think i’m maybe thinking of Merak

Yes. They already owns Meraki, and the pricing shows it… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not everyone. Ubiquiti Networks is really innovating and very very cheap. McAfee is now free from their Intel overlords. Intel bought McAfee but did not really invest anything. All they did was close a bunch of offices and left McAfee in pieces before letting them go.

Unlikely … The board of ubqt and the Robert pera the CEO (former apple engineer) both grossly detest Cisco… And if both entities don’t say yes then they really can’t be bought however what can occur is all out corporate warfare hah

1 Like