Cinebench R15 cpu+overclocking score

Started overclocking again!
I am pushing 4.4 GHz right now but I think I am fine with that. 4.6GHz may put out too much heat since I already hit around 75C.

updated

Well this is the best that I can manage, for now.

4.8ghz @ 1.29v

I could probably get a higher overclock, but I don't like the idea of going over 1.3v

very nice scores guys.
If you guys like to add some other benchmarkings feel free and do it.

Hot damn. Almost wish I left Ivy for that socket.

I wouldn't. lol

Ivybridge is still kicking ass. Heck, If I had a Sandybridge i7, instead of an i5 2500k, I wouldn't have upgraded to a 4790k at all.

Ivy is significantly faster then sandy / ivy, wenn it comes to rendering.
Because of the new avx2 instruction haswell cpu´s come with.
But it depends on the render application if you realy gonne benefit from it or not.

For gaming, there will be no point for upgrading an ivy chip to haswell at all, because there isnt much of a diffrence between a 3770k and a 4790k wenn clocked on the same clock speed, in gaming.

Why must the internet always punch me in the E-peen?!

Then get to OC'ing!

You don't have to bump voltage, you can just OC it at stock voltage, so it not going to be exposed to extreme heat.

Umm... Yeah... It didn't make it..

Well... It would have... but time's precious..

(On the plus side, It didn't even get mildly warm. And based on my educated guess, It was consuming less than 10 watts... SUCCESS!)

First attempt overclocking my 5930K. Hit a wall at 4.5 GHz @ 1.25V. Gonna have to read a bit more about Haswell-E overclocking to push further. At least temperature-wise there is still headroom.

can we next time have an OC competition where Linux only people can join??

:)

4930K @ 4.45 Ghz = 1190cb

"Wise fwom your gwave" Thunder

Alright I decided to bite the bullet and do the Cinebench.

No CPU-Z because it wouldn't freakin' run in Windows 10. I know it worked before, but no version I tried would run and it just kept giving me a generic "application failed to start". I put Intel XTU in there instead to show clockrates.

2 Likes

Nice score realy.
Was there a significant diffrence with your previous windows?

What difference are you referencing?

In cpu render score?

I had hyperthreading disabled in all previous tests.

ah okay.

http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_854/gallery_16915_854_535529.jpg

FX8320 on SS Phase. it can do 5.5ghz in R11.5 but for some reason it does like going any higher than this in R15

1 Like