Cinebench R15 cpu+overclocking score

I ran a stress test for about 8 minutes and the temps were going from 65c-73c, max temp was 76c for a couple seconds. Is this pretty safe? 

Yeah it should be fine. Stress tests are gonna be harder on your processor than any normal task like gaming or encoding video. Play a couple games and keep an eye on your temps just to be safe but you should be OK.

those temps are fine for intel.

Can you run it with lower voltage than that? Seems a bit on the high side of things.

581 cb

FX-6300 @ 4,89 Ghz

This is not final, though. I'm not happy with it yet. Prime95 sees some errors and the temperatures get to high. I bumped it down to 4,6 for now and that runs smoothly. I need to replace the case fans and get some better airflow, because right now this build is kinda ghetto. I just wanted to see what is possible with these AMD Cpus because I never actually used one before. The mainboard isn't perfect for overclocking as well, but still, it's fun playing around with it.

Nice and cool out now, broke 5ghz... yay!

still hurting my head about my red machine upgrade :D

i am going to be getting a new motherboard in the next few weeks, planning on hitting 5 Ghz with my 4670K

updated the scores sheet

spread the word around to get some more people competing!

More benchmarking. Haven't BSOD'ed yet so I will keep going.

shall i grab a 4790K + Asus Hero 7, or a 5820k + Asus X99-S beast.... tududududuuu

Hurting my head still. :p

Nice score ☺

Still waiting for winter. Hoping I can hit 5GHZ and run a few benchmarks with the window open in the dead of night.

I will probably lose patience and go for it.

yeah just do it, bring it onnn, my FX failed the 5.0 Ghz test lol

Heres my current OC

How hot does that thing get when playing with FSB clocks? I am assuming it was done just for the bench run? I used to do the same thing until I killed a motherboard.

Havent had any issues. Been running that clock for about a month with no issues. Running prime overnight stays under 85*. Custom watercool, XSPC RX240 with 2 noctua fans, delidded. 

I can run 4.8 for benches but it gets hot and i'm too lazy.

I hope you have a beefy mobo. I ran an ivy i7 non k at 4.5GHZ before the mobo took a shit. Bios let mulit go up to 41 on all cores, rest had to be done with FSB. If I were you I would keep an eye on HDD's as well. Can get some weird errors. 

Somewhat related. 

So here is my score.... I am pretty proud of this yet I am so mad that I didn't beat that darn 4770k!!! Oh well I guess right? I am going to blame my combination of luck and excessive cooling on this one. I am running a custom loop (Swiftech Apogee XL on a 360mm rad just for the CPU) along with a 80mm fan pointing on the northbridge and VRMs. I love and hate this motherboard. The sound gave out on me ;-; @MisteryAngel actually tried to help when I posted my issue on this forum. I am not sure if they remember that. Now I am running a USB solution for sound until I have time to do an RMA. That being said I credit this motherboard for getting that high score as well so the love hate continues. Let me be clear this is not a stable clock at all even though the cooling has it down fine. I normally run it at those 4.8GHz speeds you probably can see there and I never have my voltages higher than what you see there.

wow very nice score, 819cb.

Yeah i remember you, the Sabertooth guy with failled audio. But yeah the Sabertooth is a rock sollid overclocker, thats for sure. ☺

Thanks haha. Any luck with you and the magic 5ghz club as of late? It's nearing winter....