Cinebench R15 cpu+overclocking score

Well Well I´m affraid i got some bad news lol :-(

Today like i said i was trying to overclock my cpu a littlebit more. i had managed 4.8 ghz stable on 1.44V. However i was trying today to get it on 5.0GHz. Playing arround with multiplier and Northbrdige overclocking.

What i did i putted back my setings to my 4.8GHz overclock with the bus ratio on 240, and the multiplier on 20.0 stock static. voltage 1.45V so far so good lol. Worked flawlesy.

What i did next i bumped up the multiplier abit, to 21 and let the bus on 240, so that maked 21x240= 5040Mhz, on 1.48V. My system booted fine.

I started the render test and wenn it was running, my system gave me a bluescreen, and shuted down. So i though maybe not enough cpu voltage.

So i went into the bios again, and bumped up the voltage to 1.5V lol. system booted totaly fine again. i started the Cinebench render test again, and suddently a very strange thing happened lol.

My socket temp was raising up very quickly, wenn it passed 62C a very strange noise came from the cpu socket area, it sounded like some boiling thermal paste, then the socket temp started to went down very quickly again, and the system froze. I quickly turned of the system, and turned it on again, it was still booting, thank god lol.

it allmost selfcombusted lol, i did not took off the cpu cooler yet to check what exactly happened. Now im back at stock speeds again.

I also tried 4.9Ghz, but my system kept trowing bluescreens at me

So im sorry guys that i have to dissapoint you all, but 4.8 seems to be my max ☺

I find it funny that if you sort the results from high to low scores there are 11 FX-series processors in a row.

Yeah well i think i have made some drastic decissions, i think im not going to upgrade my mobo anymore, My mind is mixedup and i set my head into sometimg else.  I think that im going to upgrade to intel i7 next year, maybe haswell-e or broadwell im not sure yet. i do have a second case laying arround, which im going to use for the AMD setup, and then im going to rebuild my evil Red system. Its going to be a bit depending on what the prices of DDR4 ram is going upto till that time, maybe im going for a 5820K, or maybe a 4790K / 5790K im not sure yet. The thing i do know, is that i just want an Asus ROG board with the awesome onboard audio, and i wanne have a better GPU, maybe one of the new R9-300 serie cards.

FX8350 will be used as a second rig for virtualization mainaly. like i allready do.

Make a build log regardless of whatever route you go.

(In my opinion sinking any money into an old chip right now isn't the best idea since there's a whole bunch of new stuff that's coming out soon that should be at a similar price, yet will be faster and more efficient).

i will ☺

I got my workstaion build finally! (Glad i got rid of my 8350 'bench are further back in the thread')

No OC yet maybe later this week. 

looks good :)

I don't remember which board you have, is it the Asus M5A97FX ? If so then 4.8ghz may be you max... :-(

I wouldn't change the FSB to 240, leave it stock at 200 and just push the multiplier and voltage leaving everything else on Auto and Turbo/CPU Level Up Disabled. This method has worked for my FX6300 and FX8320 letting me achieve 5.0 - 5.1ghz fairly easily (FSB 200 x 25 = 5000mhz @ 1.45v-1.55v +/-). Changing the FSB changes the CPU/NB and Memory Frequency. I always had a harder time when I increased the FSB. I also use a high quality non-conductive thermal paste like Arctic MX-4 or Gelid GC Extreme.

Why not wait till 2016 for the new Zen/K12 AMD CPUs ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've found about the R300 series video cards is some time away yet. The next set of cards we are probably going to see are the R9 275x/285/295x. At least this is what AMD has pretty much announced....

Not bad for an old, tired quad core.

I did the standard OC Genie on my board to see what would happen and i got a little better result. I need to go in and read up how to oc on msi boards but i would love to get this to 4ghz or 4.3 if possible. 

Testing wc loop, new score, will update some more later.

http://puu.sh/bUI3Z/b020eef84d.jpg

i thought about waiting till 2k16 maybe, however, i can allways upgrade again till that time.

Im not totaly sure yet, but i do have the money for some serioues upgrades atm. My thoughts where 4790K + Asus maximus 7 Hero, or Msi gaming 7.I was thinking about 5820k for a moment, however, then i need to buy new over expensive DDR4 ram aswell. i whish that DDR4 ram was cheaper, then i was definitely switched to X99.

i also want to upgrade my gpu aswell, but it think that i will wait for amd´s move against Nvidia. the 970 is an awesome card, and great value for its money right now, however, i wanne see what amd is comming up with. the GTX970 is on 1080p seems to be the winner against a r9-290, however, the diffrences arent that big.

Hopefully AMD drops some quad channel on us by then. Personally hoping to hand onto my rig for another two years as well. OC'ing the crap out of it, getting plenty of bsods after last benchmark I posted. All signs are pointing to memory. Haven't played with any AMD cpu's. I am really hoping they release something that outdoes the i7 at a reasonable price.

Well it would be nice if amd could come up with something in 2k16, however, i currently have so manny issues with my mainboard, that i would need to buy a new AM3+ boards, with a intel lan, since only the Asus crosshair V Formula Z or the Asrock extreme 9 have an intel lan. im basicly stuck to one of those, But the thing that is botherin me, is that both boards cost me €185,- for an allready 3 year old board. There wont be any improvements for my platform anymore, so i dont feel that its worth if for me to invest that amound of money into an 3 year old mobo.

If think about it, the new Asus maximus 7 Hero is even cheaper then the 3 year old Crosshair 5 Formula Z.

The improvements that i get with Z97 over 990FX are someway significant, i get usb 3.0 native on the chip. i get faster memory controllers, faster sata controller. And offcourse i will get much much better ipc. Better onboard audio (wenn decent board) better onboard lan.

I think everybody is waiting on AMD to play there cards at this point. No real reason for anybody to upgrade at this point. Might as well keep the money sitting in the bank. At least that is what I have been telling myself...

Basicly if you FX8350 system is running fine, then there is basicly no reason the upgrade now.

But just wanne get rid of those annoying crashing audio services and such. FX8350 served me well for allmost 2 year, i will not complain about the processor it self. But i just experiance some bad things with the whole setup. and its probably an issue with the mobo.

IM just tired of all the lagg i experiance with my setup from the beginning allready, wenn playing online java or flash based games, these games arent even that  heavy. But if i play a game like bombermania on playforia, with 8 people in game, i get allot of lagg, if i disable the ingame audio, then there is less of a lagg, But still its somewhat there. i never had these issues with my old pentium 4 3.4GHZ HT

http://puu.sh/bVYCa/93941bb7d3.jpg

4.7 Stable (so far)

Was forced to up voltage on cpu to 1.3, and RAM at 1.66

I sorted the Cinebench Score Sheet by score just for fun. Did find something kinda interesting as well. A lightly overclocked Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.8ghz (Thats only 200mhz over Turbo), beating out two highly overclocked FX6300s @ 4.4ghz/4.5ghz.

Just shows how great the the Phenoms really were in there time even compared to the later FX processors. I was shocked to see that FX4100 @ 3.9ghz only score a 293, I really thought the FX4100 was better than that.

Cinebench Score Sheet in order lowest to highest score.

Updated and Shared

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C-J1WEY8NzzYkg8whgJ9VFRzgJ-B6oF-SfsG3oCOgK8/edit#gid=0

Put it up to 4.5 New scores! Temps went to around 68c, I should probably run a stress test for 10 minutes or so if i want to keep it at 4.5 and feel safe. If it evens out at 70c is that decent?