Chrome OS - Based on arch?

Okay so after trying the chromium OS I like it a lot, but you cant update automatically with it, as Chrome needs some verification to make auto updates work correctly, which is a little bit annoying but ah well, we always have ways around it.

So I was thinking of basing it off Manjaro, due to the stability of the OS compared to Arch, and drivers are easy to get working, I asked on the Arch forums about speeding up the boot process and got a rather good set of replies so I think I maybe able to get boot speed something near to the chrome OS speed, possibly faster some how.

Is it possible to get Aura UI on arch, I have seen something on the arch forum but it doesnt seem to work correctly, I think I will not use a log in manager for speed, so is it possible for it to enter the system as soon as the correct password is entered? 

anything else I should be aware of, I wouldnt mind having a auto-update function but that will slow down the startup process massively I believe.

Manjaro, due to the stability of the OS compared to Arch

Manjaro is a "Flavor" of arch.. It's the same OS, just preconfigured a bit, with custom repos.

Here's the Chrome desktop for Arch

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=173681

Also, I dont know what you mean by 

I think I will not use a log in manager for speed, so is it possible for it to enter the system as soon as the correct password is entered

That's what a log in manager does. Logs you in as soon as a password is entered.

You could NOT use a Login manager, but then you would have to log in, then start X manually. Which would take longer.

If you want a sleek, very lightweight login manager, I personally use SLiM.

So are you wanting to install Arch and make the DE look like Chrome OS?

The title makes me think you want to know if Chrome OS is based on Arch. If so, then no. I heard it is based on Gentoo.

Chrome/OS uses a BSD style ports system for package management, which is where the "based on Gentoo" FUD comes from.

Sadly, Chrome/OS reminds me of Windows-8, I think because of the similar retro/metro tiled icons - not to mention the (data-mine) sync to G-accounts.

Not really my thing - but each their own  - user's choice and such.

BTW, Slim is fine if you're using logind/seat/user/session, but if you're using any dependency-based init system like openRC you're better of with l/xdm due to ConsoleKit being unmaintained; except of course the hacks keeping CK alive on some distros ie; Gentoo  :P

No sorry, I want an arch based distro to look and act like chrome, entirely web based, with the boot time and speed, I of course have an SSD.

been messing about with Arnold the Bats versions, cant get them to install or pickup at all, but that is more than likely the AMD APU.

Just tweaking more than anything, I think I will set it up on Manjaro net though, keep it light and minimal without having to mess with the drivers.