Chrome on Mac

Hello! :)

I was just wondering why Chrome runs quite hot on MacBook pro while Safari runs constantly at 40C-50C.  I have tried running serveral tabs open, (facebook, watching HD video from youtube "1080p", etc...) But running Chrome using those tabs could spike the temp to 70 or even 80C. 

Hope I can get an answer for this because I don't really like using safari and its a shame to ditch chrome :(

My specs:

Late 2014 model Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display 13in 

2.8GHz, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD etc...

Install Windows or Linux.

For some reason when Yosemite came out a lot of Mac user's where complaining about chrome running slow/hot.

My guess is Apple had something to do with it because they want people to use Safari.

They did the same thing on IOS.

I do have windows 7 as my dedicated desktop machine haha. my mac is just something I use for university which is more portable and easy to carry around.

Hopefully they will fix it. Fingers cross lol

You could install firefox. That works pretty well on my Air.

From my understanding, Chrome does weird stuff with the CPU, causing it to run faster/ hotter (which is why Chrome is typically faster than other browsers, with the exception of Safari on OS X because Safari is optimized specifically for OS X/ Apple hardware).  I use Chrome on my Late 2013 MacBook Pro w/Retina, and I notice more CPU usage in activity monitor when using it.  However, my laptop never even gets warm unless I am doing something graphically intensive.  Then again, you have faster hardware specs, I have a 2.4Ghz i5 and 8GB of RAM.

Yeah this isn't a Yosemite thing, take off your tin foil hats guys. Chrome has always used more CPU than safari, however I use it and never really notice anything major.