Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian Entertainment

Wow. This was sudden. Best of luck to him. I'm so glad that highly regarded folks like Mr. Avellone were able to come together to create Pillars of Eternity and help continue the crowd-funded rpg renaissance. Hopefully this does not affect any of the final development of the new Torment game. I've been following its development for some time now and I'm really looking forward to a proper turn-based isometric rpg.

For fans of the rpg, Arcanum, you should check out this series of videos where Chris plays through the first portion of the game. This was a fan requested series that came about due to extra donations via kickstarter during the Pillars of Eternity development. Its fun to watch him do basically everything wrong and die many many times :)

This makes me really sad. He contributed to a large majority of my childhood. Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Fallout New Vegas... Hopefully he does something with his talent after leaving them.

Torment is made by Inxile and Avellone is contracted by inxile independently, not as a member of obsidian. It should not be affected.

Yeah I know. Plus it is in late development and any help with story, etc that he was providing is likely fleshed out. But who knows! :-O