Checking Out The Mbest 27QHD 165Hz 1440p Gaming Monitor | Level One Techs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3C61VJ?ref=myi_title_dp

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/video/checking-out-mbest-27qhd-165hz-1440p-gaming-monitor
2 Likes

There was no mention of dead pixels, which can be an issue with Korean monitors. Were any found on this monitor?

3 Likes

Nope but you could very well have one to two. Be sure to check the return policy for pixels

1 Like

Do we know if this is one of those “FreeSync but GSync still works too” monitors?

Will this work at 1440, at 120hz, over HDMI 2.0 ?!?!? Need to be able to manually set 120hz on the monitor. If so, this would be GREAT for Xbox One X.

I am looking at buying a 1440p monitor similar to this and was also looking at the Acer Nitro that is on sale right now on Newegg and has similar specs. (see link below).

What is the value / quality difference between the Mbest 27QHD and Acer nitro monitors?

“It always goes back to the inexpensive…”

For me, that was “I need a 32’’ 4K monitor that doesn’t cost $1099CAD for a IPS”

That’s how I got my ViewSonic for around $500CAD.

Usually looking up a monitors price takes less then a minute

One of the comments had it at 300 bucks
Alas Out of Stock

Me: “Wow this seems like an incredi-”

Wendell: “TN”

Me: :frowning:

1 Like

The Mbest has a TN panel, the Acer you linked above an IPS panel.

TN looks good if you’re exactly in front of the monitor, but will look bad when viewing it from an angle (as Wendell demonstrated). The Mbest seems to be doing rather good in terms of viewing from an angle though … at least horizontally.

IPS will still look good from an angle, but in a dark room you may notice some backlight bleed if you’re displaying dark colours and have the brightness turned up to normal-high levels.
IPS is generally considered better due to higher colour accuracy as well.

Backlight%20Bleed
(example of backlight bleed, not my monitor)

I have a pair of IPS Acer Predators, who are notorious for backlight bleed. I have my brightness set rather low and don’t really notice it.

1 Like

Hmmm… Gonna wait for some more reviews to pile in regarding dead pixels. The price point seems great to just dip my feet into 1440p, instead of dishing out double the price.

I would really love to know if this will run, with full compatibly, with the Xbox One X, with HDMI at 1440p and 120hz. If it does, it would be only 1 have a couple that can.