Changing System Specifications/Properties

Hello,

I need help regarding how to write a startup script,… well what i want to do is change or edit the computer description/specs in Computer/System Properties.

[https://yellowdog.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/w10-system-info.png] (Sample Image)

So i know there are ways to do this, but i have tried most of it, using notepad and making a shortcut in the startup folder, so everytime windows starts it will update the info.
Tried all of that but it did not work on Windows 10, i have tried it in 7, but i am not sure why it’s not working. This is just a prank for my cousin because I’ve set him up a new rig and just want him to see it’s an old Core 2 Quad CPU when it’s a ryzen 5 build. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks in advanced.

AddOEMInfo.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation]
"Manufacturer"=""
"Logo"="C:\\Users\\Public\\Misc\\Themes\\pics\\pika4.bmp"
"Model"=""
"SupportURL"=""

Put the above in a text file. The picture has to use that weird syntax with the double \ and be 120x120 in .bmp format. The SupportURL needs the protocol.

Edit:

So like, to get it auto-update every time, create a second file called UpdateOEMInfo.bat with this line:
reg import "c:\AddOEMInfo.reg"
and then put that bat in the startup\ folder.

This is for the OEM Info right? not the actual processor name and speed?.. I have manage to use create a batch file for this, but it needs admin rights to be applied every time… what i did is, REG IMPORT filename.reg. what i need is to run it silently… i will be using third party tools to create this, maybe elevate?.. or use iexpress… idk. xD

Yeah it’s a system wide change. If you don’t really care about the security ramifications, you can set UAC to auto-elevate mode (e.g. Where it says OFF in the Win 8-10 GUI) and set the batch file to elevate itself.

UpdateOEMInfo_withAutoElevate.bat

@echo off
::auto-elevation hack from: stackoverflow.com/questions/7044985/how-can-i-auto-elevate-my-batch-file-so-that-it-requests-from-uac-administrator
:: Automatically check & get admin rights

:checkPrivileges
NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL
if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto gotPrivileges ) else ( goto getPrivileges )

:getPrivileges
if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto gotPrivileges)

setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion
set "batchPath=%~0"
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
ECHO Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs"
ECHO UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs"
"%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs"
exit /B

:gotPrivileges
::START
setlocal & pushd .

::Put code below here::

reg import "c:\AddOEMInfo.reg"

1 Like