Changing latest build from simple gaming to editing

I built my PC back in June 2014, and it has gone threw some upgrades since that time, however I have gotten into DAW and Video Production, so a gaming only rig isn't helping me render long videos.

**I will add photos at the end of the post**

Specs: 

Logisys Case (something cheap)

MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard

FX-4300 @ 4.5ghz

8gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Memory

MSI R7 260X 2gb GDDR5 OC @ 1320mhz core/1600mhz mem

Coolmax ZX-700 80+ PSU

H80i

NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller

1tb WD Black 7200rpm HDD

I'm surely going to be going with something Intel for my next build, as well as having a lot of HDD storage to store videos.

Mostly I need help with what will give me something that will edit videos and do what I need to do for a decent amount of money, not an X99 with 64gb of Ram and quad GTX 980s, I would love that, however I can't afford that. I was thinking of 4x 3tb in Raid 10 for a total of 6tb for the storage, 16-32gb of Ram, and from there I'm kinda lost, I know that programs like Adobe After Effects uses ram, lots of ram, but I'm not too sure how these programs use the CPU and how the individual cores effect performance/speed of editing on Adobe programs, still kinda new to this, so I need a little help if you know anything.

Budget: $2000-2500

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CyKgpg

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($274.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($95.49 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($95.49 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $916.93

I will be using the H80i from my current build in the newer build, and that'll mostly be the only thing that goes into the new PC next to maybe a few fans.

So all I need now is a good Mobo, CPU (Intel Pref), and maybe a GTX 780, or 970 (cause I can't give up gaming completely :) ) , depending on how the budget handles it, the lower the cheaper, however I don't want something that is only 10-15% better than what I currently have.

This will be a work in progress, as I am still gathering the cash for this insane build of mine, so it may be at least a year before this gets completely done and i will change the build accordingly to match the best price-performance I can get.

Sorry I made this so damn long, but I wanted to get the most info out that I could, so that the answer would be easier and a bit less back-and-forth

Photos:

I think I can reuse the Logisys Case, however the Define R4-R5 have a lot more silence oriented choices made in the build of the case where as the Logisys has a cheap build in mind.

How flashy do you want the build?

Something like a Xeon E3-1241 V3 with an ASRock C226WS+ and like two GTX 970s or one GTX 980 should with the PCPartPicker list you posted comes in at about or just under the $2000 mark. Add in an SSD or two and you'll have a rock solid workstation.

Although with your budget you could go X99 if you desired.

EDIT: X99 build coming in at $2372: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cQPHrH

DDR4 is goddamn expensive.

I'm not looking to go with something super flashy on the internals, I may do a custom airbrushed design on the exterior of the case I end up choosing, however I will more than likely keep the workstation PC on the ground, rather than on the desk, like I have my PC currently. 

And those suggestions for the LGA 1150 Xeon look great to me, I think that can handle what I will throw at it. And I know I can go with the X99 platform right now, however I feel that it is still over priced right now, but who knows it may go down in price in a year or so when I get all the cash together to get this behemoth. 

The PC part picker link looks solid, I'll be sure to keep an eye out on those parts and jump on them when they go on sale.

well i wouldn´t call a 5820K over priced for only a few bucks more over a 4790K.

6 core 12 threads will be allot faster in editing, and also the quad chanel memory will be a big boost. But yeah the DDR4 modules are expensive. But if you do allot of rendering on a daily base, and you can afford X99 then by all means i would personaly go for it. even the 5820k will be a huge step up from any MS- cpu.

If you think that X99 isnt worth it for you, then go with a 4790K. That cpu is faster then the xeon e3 even on stock. the 4790K runs on 4.0GHz stock with a turbo clock to 4.4Ghz, the Xeon is only on 3.4Ghz stock with turbo to 3.8Ghz. so yeah.

5820K or 4790K is my personal recommendation.

Grtz Angel ☺