CES 2019 - Consumer Electronics Show

4K ultra settings game running at 100+ fps max.

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Just wait until sapphire slaps their cooling solution on it~

Is that a good or bad thing?

Itā€™s fantastic good.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just numbers without reference. My 4770k can do that. We will only know how good it is when we have side by side comparisons with frame timings and such. Iā€™ll be very interested in memory latency issues considering the design is very different with the io chip and yet it is still just a drop in replacement.

1 Like

If its at 2080 performance then it actually is a fair bit better than a 1080. There is a fair bit of difference between 1080 and 2080 in rasterization depending which particular flavor of 1080 you have.

A 15% performance increase is not worth my local price of $2000 when I played 1300 for a 1080. From my position itā€™s a bad deal

1 Like

So Vega 2 cards are going to be 2000? That was in the keynote?

1 Like

No. It will be 700, according to AMD Waifu Lisa Su.

1 Like

Speaking of, is there art out there with her as a cute anime character or has her husband hunted anyone down who has made the attempt?

2 Likes

I think they made it to big. Look at it, I donā€™t have a helipad! What were they thinking?

2 Likes

Elon Musk will provide a helipad for you.

Can AMD hire some fucking designersā€¦ That should be a pre production model.

That is honestly the thing I like most about the card. It looks like a solid cooler and serviceable. Have you seen the GN RTX teardowns? xD

6 Likes

I like the lit up letters. It makes me think of neon lights.

1 Like

Vega64 released August 2017 and was the same performance as the GTX1080.

This Vega refresh competes on performance with the 1080ti, which came out March 2017 also priced at $699. But it is much faster than the GTX1080.

Price is identical to the RTX2080, and performance is supposedly very close too (RTX2080 == GTX1080ti), so itā€™s competitive on paper. Remains to be seen if it runs much hotter per usual for AMD. And of course it doesnā€™t have ray-tracing support.

AMD declined to compete on price this generation. My guess is the HBM is just too expensive to afford it. They lucked out that Nvidiaā€™s greed left them so much headroom there.

2 Likes

Ryzen 3, support for PCIe 4

3 Likes

using the google to try to find you some deets and I came across this absolute gem

3 Likes

Iā€™ll go ahead and disagree strongly.

Is this going to require an 5 series motherboard (or whatever they call their boards) or is it going to work with existing 3 or 4 series? (Iā€™m guessing yes)

Su said it would support x3xx and x4xx