Ceramic Coatings: What are they? What are they not? How to apply them

Got ya okay cool

So no yellowing

No oxidation

Just noticeable lack of gloss and beading. That’s when its time for a clay. Simple polish and new coat

We just ceramic coated my moms vehicle did a bit of removing the orange peel

The whole family fleet is protected. 3 coats each

2 Likes

Hey guys it’s been a long time since I posted on this post and you know what it’s time for an update.

The ceramic coat is going strong I just put a little bit of graphene over the top of it and it was great.

I do the graphene basically once a month and I do the reload every 6 months so I did the reload and the graphene. It might seem overkill but I want to keep this coat in the best condition possible.

It’s looking amazing and in my new apartment garage which I have yet to really organize and make nice it is looking fantastic after a little bit of work

On a side note this type garage does provide me enough room to work on this focus as it is a compact car. The following pictures are of course before I did apply the graphene. Still looking good regardless and I do like 12,000 lumens of light in my garage because you can never have a enough light to fucking work.

Additionally it is fantastic to finally plug the battery into a professional series battery tender and desulfator. That product really does make the difference I know of a few others that do this just happens to be an industrial product a very professional one it’s not a consumer product and man as it amazing. It basically makes my batteries last almost a decade and I really can’t say anything else does that. 2 years of sitting driving and yielded it working pretty freaking hard to get rid of all the sulfation but it did and the battery is in the green status which is really good. Considering how old that battery is now. If you guys want recommendations on these kinds of products just let me know ask me…

Dad’s ceramic coat update is going fantastic In fact it’s going a lot better than mine because he doesn’t drive the Subaru as much as he should That’s largely impart dude to my mom. Their coat is on a new car with a paint correction and basically a perfect application. And he has done the maintenance doses like he should and he’s also done the grapene like I’ve done

His coat is looking amazing on that car it’s mirror finished kind of like mine… And quite frankly probably one of the best products I’ve ever used I cannot say enough good words about this usually I’m extremely skeptical to snake oil and you know what this has no snake oil on it whatsoever it’s absolutely an amazing product and it does exactly what the fuck it says it’s supposed to do and I can’t say that for many car products on the market save maybe some good synthetic oils

He laughs because he still does use soap and water but he finds the need not to. It beats water like nothing else I’ve ever used on car paint It’s ridiculous. And he literally used his lawn blower to make his car look like new because all it had was a little pawn and dust and that came right off nothing sticks to this coating. So both are going well and that’s a sample size of two so it’s not really enough It’s not 30 or greater but hey you know what I’m glad it’s going good and I definitely recommend it to other people because I’ve had good results.

In fact I wish car dealerships and manufacturers would bake on a thicker ceramic coating on top of clear coat That would be fucking amazing They should pretty much do it They should offer the option I would pay for it any day because I would make a harder better coating.

Thanks @SgtAwesomesauce :+1:t4:

2 Likes

You might want to take a look at this video.
I was truly amazed by the turtlewax hybrid solutions.

1 Like

Damn he didn’t test mine.

I think I posted some of the source videos I had for mine anyways earlier this is really cool because these are hybrid products

These products are basically a little bit of ceramic coating mixed in with your wax which is pretty good for the person that just doesn’t want to do this kind of full job. My dad before he was going to jump on the ceramic coat train he definitely used the meguirs. Just because it was a trusted name in our fleet. It was also a trusted name at my university fleet so it was just a universal name amongst us.

I did watch that video before and that’s pretty cool that that came in a spray bottle definitely for somebody who doesn’t want to do a ceramic coat it’s great. My product is more meant to be applied on top of a ceramic coat or a reload. I’m going to try not to compare them because that’s pretty Apple to oranges! Lol

I love project farm he has some hilarious tests and while they’re not always the most scientific they are pretty cool

1 Like

Now this you definitely want to see!

From this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-oXcXNFwM2x8WX9VTBid4w
Numbers is the amount of days it’s good.

3 Likes