CBC Story Wherein Apple Lies about Data Recovery, and Bans Anyone Who Disagrees

So by their own doing Apple have created a situation that rewards criminal activities. If they were more open about repairs this black market would not exist.

that’s not a good enough excuse.

Your argument of “they were aquierd through illegal means” would be okay, yet Apple insists these parts wich are from their suppliers beeing genuine Apple parts are counterfit.

You’re arguing what’s essentially semantics. They could easily be classed as counterfeit the moment they are not acquired and distributed legally through proper channels.

saying a iPhone battery taken from an existing iPhone and sold though criminal routes are ‘genuine’ replacement batteries would not be true, they’re counterfeit. But it doesn’t really matter what they’er labeled as that’s just deflecting from the problem.

Counterfeiting =/= concealment of stolen goods
Important difference to make. No semantics, completly different crimes.

1 Like

If it was made by apple’s factories, and shipped from apples factories, it’s apples product. Plain and simple. There is no semantics to the argument. The parts are litteraly the same thing in their stores. Counterfeit is a product made to be a replacement, and usually of inferior components NOT from the factories according to the law. Apple grease the people at Customs to redefine it, even though the actual LAWS haven’t changed. Legitimate repair companies like Rossman, and others are taking apple to court FOR THAT EXACT THING. It’s anti-competitive, and anti-right to repair. Apple is VEHEMENTLY AGAINST Right to repair. They’re currently lobbying against it.

1 Like

Them being in court for buying stolen goods sold as ‘replacement’ parts is not anti competitive. It’s a crime.

You got it wrong, Apple is taken to court over seizing legitimate shipments.

2 Likes

That is what they are in court for. Apple has been taken to court for seizing legitimate shipments. Rossman, and the people like him on this case, have documentation that the parts are legit parts from the factory, and purchased legally, and Apple STILL cried foul and Customs just believed them. There has to have been money involved.

1 Like

Ah yeah I see what you mean, is there a good site to follow the case? My thoughts come from the fact that apple don’t sell parts, if they have got legitimate parts form a factory I’d be pissed (at the factory) they wouldn’t be legitimate parts regardless of their origin in my mind as they aren’t from my company. That’s the argument I’d use at least.