Catalyst 9.5 on May 13th

Just thought i'd post this for those interested in the upcoming drivers by ATI..

apparently it will have full opengl 3.1 for the first time.

I really want to see ATi do better with drivers, I would rather have a driver released less often, that they spend more time on developing that can fully utilize the hardware.

3====D lol i lold the first time i seen that posted on youtube XD

they better fix the 8bit dithering in source engine or I'm gonna be pissed

I have waited SINCE 8.7!

Ahh,,, If ATI made the hardware and Nvidia made the drivers we would be getting 90 FPS very high @ 2560 x 1600 with a single 4870. But it would be very expensive because there would be no competition. :(

the_timonator wrote 49 minutes ago »

Ahh,,, If ATI made the hardware and Nvidia made the drivers we would be getting 90 FPS very high @ 2560 x 1600 with a single 4870. But it would be very expensive because there would be no competition. :(

u cant write good software for hardware that sux

the way Nvidia did it is so much better, the core archetechture!! they can be used for anything with CUDA, its like a mini CPU, and sometimes even better, the Nvidia cores can beat a CPU at some tasks like WEP cracking and [email protected]

Well I suppose it is comparable to writing Games for the PS3s cell processor: It's incredibly powerful but very hard to wright games for because of the complicated architecture.

complicated and not really much better.

I don't think so

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=Property&N=2010380048&PropertyCodeValue=679:40781,679:47241,679:46202,679:40678,679:47106&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=False&CompareItemList=N82E16814102801,N82E16814130398,N82E16814130442,N82E16814130475,N82E16814102830

ok.. how does showing an ati card with the best looking specs that performs the worse than the other 3 cards prove that the their architecture is better?

currently right now idk what my drivers are because

when i installed windows 7 my ati drivers failed

but my games still work fine so my driver version right now is

what the gpu is currently set to w/e that is

and im to lazy to reinstall i'll just wait for new drivers

ATi?

Ya funnie

You guys...

ATi's hardware doesn't suck, and if ATi made better drivers there would be an improvement, but it's still doesn't change the fact that ATi has no games.

Anyways I'm fine with the performance of my card, better drivers would be really nice but I'm bitching about the performance of my card.

ultracombo wrote 37 seconds ago »

You guys...

ATi's hardware doesn't suck, and if ATi made better drivers there would be an improvement, but it's still doesn't change the fact that ATi has no games.

Its funny beacause Snowman actually has a 4870 and it sucks and he hates it cause its not nVidia

ultracombo wrote 2 hours ago »

You guys...

Anyways I'm fine with the performance of my card, better drivers would be really nice but I'm bitching about the performance of my card.

Have fun with your bad card. The only reason you are happy with your card is because you have never used something better. I have two of ATI's best cards in Crossfire and I still think ATI sucks balls. ATI's Drivers haven't done shit for my build. The only jump I have seen in performance was from the premature drivers to the 9.1. Since then I have only downloaded the new drivers just because they are new... Nvidia has releases twice as much and the drivers actually do something. Even if you are a budget user I would still go with one of Nvidia's lower tier cards just because I have that much faith in the drivers that are constantly released.

From the 4XXX series of ATI cards, the only ones I would buy are. (from best to worse)

4850 X2

4850's in Crossfire <---ATI's best scaling setup.

4770.... Because its a good card as long as you keep Nvidia out of the picture.

The GDDR5 did nothing for ATI. My cards are not on that list because the 4870X2s were above the 4850X2s by a couple of frames (and I mean like 2-7), in my opinion that just made me waste 200 bucks (100 per card). The reason that the 4870 isnt listed is because the 4850s in CFX are WAYYYYY better than a 4870 on its own. (Only con on the 50s is that they are single slot and are loud cards)

The only bad card that has come out for the last while on the green side was the 9800 GX2 because 2 8800GT's ate it in SLI.

I am just about done with ATI and its bad drivers.

HumorusPrawn wrote 2 hours ago »

ultracombo wrote 37 seconds ago »

You guys...

Its funny beacause Snowman actually has a 4870 and it sucks and he hates it cause its not nVidia

True, True.

Sty1ez wrote 6 minutes ago »

ultracombo wrote 2 hours ago »

You guys...

Have fun with your bad card. The only reason you are happy with your card is because you have never used something better. I have two of ATI's best cards in Crossfire and I still think ATI sucks balls. ATI's Drivers haven't done shit for my build. The only jump I have seen in performance was from the premature drivers to the 9.1. Since then I have only downloaded the new drivers just because they are new... Nvidia has releases twice as much and the drivers actually do something. Even if you are a budget user I would still go with one of Nvidia's lower tier cards just because I have that much faith in the drivers that are constantly released.

From the 4XXX series of ATI cards, the only ones I would buy are. (from best to worse)

4850 X2

4850's in Crossfire <---ATI's best scaling setup.

4770.... Because its a good card as long as you keep Nvidia out of the picture.

The GDDR5 did nothing for ATI. My cards are not on that list because the 4870X2s were above the 4850X2s by a couple of frames (and I mean like 2-7), in my opinion that just made me waste 200 bucks (100 per card). The reason that the 4870 isnt listed is because the 4850s in CFX are WAYYYYY better than a 4870 on its own. (Only con on the 50s is that they are single slot and are loud cards)

The only bad card that has come out for the last while on the green side was the 9800 GX2 because 2 8800GT's ate it in SLI.

I am just about done with ATI and its bad drivers.

that is so true its not even funny.

last time i checked this thread was about the ati driver updates

u intel faggots always switch the subject

just stop....seriously we get it

Nvidia - Good performance for it's high cost

ATI - Exceptional performance for it's price

i own ati and all i play is

Dota

COD

CSS

and i run the games at 90+ fps

now from what i've seen about u intel fags is

*Steam Games List*

Over 20 fuckn games wow seriously get a fuckn life and stop payin for so much shit.

NO, im not poor i own an rx-7, my bad ass computer and go to college i pay for my shit

unlike u pos homos

i have the money for anything i need computerwise

ati to mean is cheap as fuck and the performance is awesome if i can run the fuckn game i play at dx9-10 at highest settings im FINE

i dont need to be paying extra just to say i own this *Brand name*

fuck ill pay 0.75$ for dr.skipper over 1.35$ dr.pepper

SAME FUCKN THING

oh boy some ignorant ppl ROFL
ever heard of price/performance?

well anyways i get my fiberoptics installed 13th just in time to download 9.5 supa fast ^^

my ati cards run just fine.