Casting bread upon the waters - x99 e ws usb 3.1

Yes. I'm replying to my own post. Folks, don't buy this useless piece of junk. I had to return it. The card isn't compliant with desk top operating systems says SAMSUNG. Now you won't find this in Newegg advertising or in Amazon advertising. No, first you must buy the card and then go through the "what did I do wrong" process and eventually start seeking support. What a time waster! I'm talking about this... down here... ↓↓↓↓

Yeah, I know. What a joke, huh?

Goalkeeper. Not only does it cause you to lose SATA ports but the one I used gave me my first BSOD on this board. Call me stubborn but I like to try to fix problems by myself. It took days before I crawled over to SAMSUNG with my tail between my legs asking for support. Turns out the EVO PRO 960 I purchased isn't compatible with desk top computers, or so says SAMSUNG.

1 Like

Over clocked it to 27% and still had head room. Gotta say, I was impressed. I think I have it running @ 13% now. Gonna leave it there for a bit.

That is probably one of the best selling NVMe drives out there.
This thing should run fine with any current OS.

1 Like

I know but the SAMSUNG guy insisted that it wasn't compliant with desk tops.

What OS were you running? The 960 evo is a great card and NVMe is plug and play in windows 8.1 and 10, but 7 does require an added driver because NVMe didn't exist when 7 came out.

Its just an incompetent sales person that doesn't know that modern motherboards also have M.2 interfaces for drives like the 960 Evo. I've got an older samsung unit as well as a newer Plextor unit, both running happily and fine in my systems. That Samsung sales rep just didn't know what he was talking about. M.2 has been more common on laptops because of the obvious space savings, but its now completely normal to have one or more M.2 slots on a desktop motherboard.

well, you know that is what I thought. Then I called Newegg and they checked and immediately offered me a refund. I wonder if there is something they're not telling us. Bad batch? Anyway it will be a while before I buy another M.2 for my X99 motherboard. My drives don't have to be the fastest I couldn't get the thing to function in 8.1 or 7 U so I'm thinking maybe it was a bad batch.