Cases Compatible with Asrock X570

Does anyone know of a case that actually works with the Arock X570 mother board? I had bought a couger MX330-G only to find to my dismay none of the mother board stand off holes line up with the Asrock X570 motherboard. I am looking for a mid tower case with 1 or 2 5.25 inch drive bays. Only size constraint I have is no more than 20 inches tall.

Parts in build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

ASRock X570 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Intel 660p Series 2.048 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (two of them)

PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil Video Card
SeaSonic FOCUS 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer
Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan (3 of them)

My guess is your case is defective, or not designed for the ATX form factor. Have you tried contacting Cougar for more information?

Plenty of build videos on YouTube featuring the x570 Taichi… Do you like any of those cases?

I am very partial to my Fractal Design R6 case. Plenty of drive space, or convert to an entirely open design. Has room for any AIO water cooler. Fits my AsRock X470 Taichi perfectly.

1 Like

@iceblade2097 I to received an Asrock X570 Taichi with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700, with a Lian Li LanCool 205 Case, which I have to take it back to Micro Center because of the Hard drive trays being too small to secure the Toshiba X300 8 TB drive to the trays.

I am also going to return the Toshiba drive and wait until Amazon refills there stock then purchase an 8TB or a 10TB hard drive. I probably will purchase another memory kit and fill the motherboard memory slots.

If you are interested in the results, I will post my experience when I get my build built.

@pcwolf funny you mentioned Fractal Design R6 cases, from what little research I have done, I am leaning toward Fractal Design R6 case; This decision was made way before your post.

I too have an x470 Taichi, in a Lian Li O11-D, the motherboard fit just fine. Installing my 360mm AIO took a bit more torque than I was comfortable with, but that’s nothing to do with the motherboard. The holes should be identical on the x570, the boards are the same size, and well, ATX form factor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.