CaseLabs Replacement Case

So right now I have a CaseLabs Merlin SM8, and I’m looking for a replacement. It’s just a little too big for me right now, I feel like I can get what I’m looking for with a smaller case, and sell this one. None the less the price on this thing would probably be higher than what I bought for right now anyway.

A replacement case I’m looking for should have:
-Solid panels, no glass/windows
-Doors, not sliding panels for the sides of the case
-USB 2.0 and 3.0 headers
-Intake through the front (not the sides of the front either)
-Several HDD/SSD mounts
-Reset switch
-Atleast 2x 5.25 bays
-ATX/E-ATX motherboard

Can you guys help me out with this one or does this just not exist and I should stick with my CaseLabs case?

Do you need any specific radiator support, or are you going aircooled this time?

Combining E-ATX with 2x 5.25 bays is going to be very difficult.

Maybe the Be Quiet Pure Base 600?

1 Like

Air cooled.

This is something I neglected when I originally bought this case. I had something stupid crazy in mind with 18 hard drives, one for each OS, and one for each installer, etc… thing literally not even possible with today’s hardware.

1 Like

Gotcha.

So, I’d recommend looking at the Be Quiet Pure Base 600. It’s no windows, front intake, HDD/SSD mounts, 2x 5.25 bays and looks good as well.

That’s the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

I’ll have a look when I get to my machine.

1 Like

The top is not a solid panel though. It’s mesh and a modular panel.

You need somewhere to push the air. Fact of the matter is that you’re going to need to either accept venting on the side panel or top with a modern PC.

Front intake, exhausted out the back. The fan next to the motherboard I/O and PCIe lanes. That’s it.

I don’t know of a case in current production that fits all your requirements. You might have to go custom.

Sounds like you want a server chassis

4 Likes

I’m willing to give way on the reset switch if that helps a bit.

haha not really.

@wendell maybe?

fractal xl 2? meshify or define.

can put a ton of drives in there if you configure it, and it’s a reasonable modern case.
good airflow.

optional 3d printable wheel adapters.

Meshify and Define have top vents.

Same with XL R2

:confused:

pretty much all cases on the market will have a top vent since it improves cooling so much

there are some you can put covers on the top but gamers nexus did a research piece that more fans that are slower are better than fewer fans faster both in noise and cooling performance, they also determined the same result vs a case with poor cooling such as “solid” cases no vents at the front or top

this comes close

Not necessarily they come with solid tops define does anyway … you pick as it comes with both kinds of tops

1 Like

Ahhh my b

I’ve had 2 meshifys I assumed it was the same style as that.

Anything without a PSU cover?
I prefer the solid top without the swap capabilities

thanks wendell

Fractals Define 7, is most pliable, when it comes to supporting a stoopid amount of drives [for a tower style setup][mix of 2.5in / majority 3.5in]. Some internal adjustments are needed, in accommodating this system arrangement. You’d also need, to purchase the additional drive brackets. I haven’t seen any cases, hosting visible 5.25 slot, in a cold minute [let alone 2] [Define 7 can support 1]

I backpedalled a lil’ bit, on the specs, regarding what board size support it has. The regular 7 supports 285mm EATX, and an XL version exists supporting EATX / SSI-EEB [+ lil’ bit more drive support]