Case suggestion for Ryzen

Hi all!
I’m building a Ryzen PC 2700X system and have no idea which case I need to choose. For now I’ll be running stock frequencies but later on I want to do overclocking with air cooling. I want to go as cheap as possible while still having good thermals. My mainboard will be full ATX. Having 4 3,5’’ HDD slots would be ideal. Some suggestions?
Thanks

Are you going for looks or silence?
Fractal design is what I like, but thats personal.
If I where you I would go for some well known brand.

Level1 on YT has some case reviews if you want to go deep.
HardwareCanucks is my go to for case reviews.

1 Like

I want it to look clean and simple, no screaming “gamer” colors. Don’t really care for the noise level. I know that skimping on the case while overclocking is bad, but I’m really stretching my budget here, so I want to be sure I choose good value here. Some nice inexpensive ones have only 2 HDD mounting slots, so no good for me. Thanks for the youtube suggestion, haven’t seen this channel yet.

1 Like

Honestly, Ryzen is fairly cool as CPUs go.
There aren’t any specific requirements for anything as far as CPUs go …
If you want clean look you can go for something like NZXT H500 non “i” or InWin 301 or 303 or whatever you find for decent price…

As for YouTube channels I can also recommend GamersNexus for case reviews. They go out of their way to rest multiple different fan configurations and have fairly large database of cases and their cooling performance.

3 Likes

Ryzen does not need much in terms of cooling. Depending on GPU choice (R9 Fury, GTX 1080ti, Vega56 & 64, RTX 2070, 2080 and 2080ti), you may need something with a bit more airflow.

A few ideas:

1 Like

I personally like Gamer’s Nexus’ take on this kind of thing. Cases are not just a ‘case by case basis’ (puns)
but it’s really your preference as well. You can have a non-RGB case with a lot of features, just look around.