Can't make a x265 Multilib with ENABLE_HDR10_PLUS

Information on this is super scarce and practically unavailable. What started as a simple exercise in trying to build x265 from scratch has turned into both a multilib linking and failure to compile with -DENABLE_HDR10_PLUS nightmare.

I’m already dealing with a pkg-config issue with ENABLE_HDR10_PLUS enabled where it simply won’t make a shared library this way. But apparently you want to make static libraries for Multilib and do special C parameters?

I’ve gone off the plank and into the ocean with this one. I can’t make heads or tails of what’s wrong. When you try to do ENABLE_SHARED with ENABLE_HDR10_PLUS on, it doesn’t make shared libraries. When you try to do the final step to make the 8bit version that’s the master version, it complains that dlsym and dlopen is an undefined reference. I have no idea what that means…

Not to mention I’ve been getting Corrupt-MV errors in SVT-AV1 git using preset 3. (it still encodes the file, but floods the log with errors)

x265 is being such a PITA. If I have to multilib again for x264 I have no idea if their multilib script is competent.

Edit: Oh and to make the pain even worse, looks like what I installed libx265-dev from, a multimedia PPA from savoury1, had multilib, but I don’t think it has ENABLE_HDR10_PLUS. I can’t check cause it’s already cmaked. I wouldn’t even know how to make a placebo file to test if the option was built in…

The reason I need this is because Fastflix uses it. Fastflix depends on a version of FFmpeg with this built in.

The libx264-dev I got already satisfied my needs, but I have no clue about my libx265-dev and how it was built.

Edit 2: Side note, who’s genius idea was it to force realtime priority and hard code it into SVT-AV1? It literally renders your system useless for multitasking while encoding. Imagine if you set Cinebench to realtime priority and you try to use the system… You can’t.

Okay, nobody then.

Anyone successfully built multilib x264 and x265 AT ALL recently? I have no frame of reference to know if the code is broken or is it something wrong with my environment.

Nothing again.

Guess all the video geeks building from source are asleep.

Okay, anyone on ARCH have any issues compiling x264 and x265 multilib recently?