Can't Install Windows 10 (Or Any OS) on Laptop

Okay, so my problem right now is that I can't seem to install any OS onto my laptop after I formatted the drive.

Prologue:
Before I got to where I am now, I had a laptop with Windows 7 ( it's a single-core 1.6ghz APU and it ran like trash. I actually played Portal on it though, from start to finish at a solid 13fps). But eventually I installed Ubuntu 13.04 and everything worked pretty well. But after a few months the WiFi/LAN stopped working, I couldn't get it to connect to the internet, the connection signal was greyed out. I got frustrated and downloaded 14.04 to re-install. But I couldn't get the laptop to boot off the drive. So I formatted the drive and thought that that might help. I was wrong.

After formatting the drive I can't install an OS. When I plug in a drive with W10 I get:

error:unknown filesystem
entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>

I'd really like to install Windows 10 or Linux on this laptop, it's not very useful, but I only need it for my parents to use. Hopefully this is enough info.

Thank You, Forum

So you downloaded the 14.04 ISO and used 'Write Disk Image' to write it to the USB yes?

When booting press F12 and press enter on the USB. Try changing the boot order in the BIOS.