Can't get GSkill 3600 RAM to run at 3600MHz on ASUS X570 after BIOS Upgrade

Hi.

I have a TUF Gaming Plus WiFi X570 MB with a 3600X processor. Stock settings/well cooled.

I have 64 GB of G-Skill 3600 MHz RAM. 4 x 16 GB. 2x Part Number: F4-3600C17-16GTZ

All 4 sticks of this RAM ran at 3600 MHz for months using BIOS firmware 1404 with no problems.

I upgraded to BIOS Version 1407 with no issues, because 1405 had “Improve system performance” in it.

Now my RAM runs at 2133 MHz and I can’t get it to boot at any speed faster.

I am selecting AI Tweaker-> D.O.C.P. Leaving everything else Auto.

I tried disabling the spread spectrum clock and setting the bus speed to 1800 MHz. Didn’t help.

I down graded the BIOS from 1407 to 1405, back to 1404… still can’t get it to run properly.

How do I get my RAM running at 3600MHz again ?

Ouch…Honestly I’m not sure there’s anyway you’re going to get 3600 Mhz out of a C17 kit, and imo, the tuff series parts are really middling from what I’ve seen.

Also is it F4-3600C17-16GTZ, or is the a character right after the clock and CL timing after it?

D.O.C.P and a mix of manual settings would likely get you pretty far though. There’s likely nothing stopping you from getting something like 3000Mhz/3200mhz at something like a CL 16, maybe even 14? Buying more recent ram is really the way to go for ryzen atm. Nowadays it seems like it’s mostly plug n play with D.O.C.P, but that’s only for recent batches in my experience. From what I can find it looks like that kits a bit older and the settings it has for auto overclocks aren’t going to really pan out on your system.

And who knows, you might still get that 3600 at C17

So really the answer is, you’re gonna have to tune the timings, clocks, and power yourself (imo, it’s worth to me if you’ve never done it, like installing arch with just the wiki guide. After that just use manjaro or Anarchy.) And anything is better than having it run at something like 2300mhz.

Any consolation you can pretty much just use the normal voltage for memory in most cases. Although you’re free to play with it of course. Definitely going to want to look up reasonable voltages before messing with it though.

This memory is rated at 3600 MHz and runs fine like that with 2 sticks in single channel.

These very sticks ran fine at 3600 MHz for MONTHS of continuous use with Auto settings under DOCP. No issues until I updated the BIOS. So don’t tell me the memory won’t run at 3600 MHz or the MB isn’t capable.

I just want to get back to where it was.

1 Like

If evverything was running fine why did you update the eufi?

I for some reason totally forgot it was because of that.

The solutions are pretty much the same even with my mistakes taking in the issue bud. Could try rolling back?

Maybe you could try to slightly up the Soc voltage.
You could set that manually to like 1.1V (max 1.2V)
And then try if the DOCP settings works then.

I have rolled back to 1404. No dice.

Did you change the slots? Obviously not you have all of them in there. If you rolled back to what it was before I can’t think of anything else that would do it. Looks like you’re out of luck mate.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.