Can't get any network working

Yeah that sounds like something isn't right with that router then. It could be any number of things. I do this stuff for a living and as I said before if you have access to some sort of chat I might be able to help you better. Just let me know. I can also help you via TeamViewer remotely if you want. I do not mind helping a fellow Tek Syndicate member.

I don't know how helpful that'll be as once I unplug the internet they'll be no way to chat with someone lol

I'm going to try and plug the wrt54g into the modem and see if I can at least get it to run at half speed with wireless , it's better than no wireless at all

Yep. Sorry I couldn't be more specific but it's difficult over forum like this. So many variables and potential issues. I hope you can get it all figured out. And Anytime I'm around I'm glad to be of service.

I have the wrt54g set up like a normal router right now , but honestly this is the same as it was a few days ago before it just started to not6 work. I still don't get why it'll work fine for a day or two then just stop working all together.

my main rig also makes a pc speaker chirp when there's heavy network traffic.

Like theres some sort of error happening and the pc speaker starts going nuts. usually when I'm downloading a large file. I'm guessing it's some sort of setting on this supermicro board but I haven't a clue what it is or why it does it lol

Could be issues with the hardware. I'm assuming it has two on board NIC's. If the issue is only recently starting then I'd take a look at the motherboard and make sure you don't have any bad capacitors or anything. Double check drivers and make sure all are up to date. Etc. Might seem stupid to do this stuff but you never know.