Can you still get windows 10 for free?

If you get an ISO and install the latest build, you can still activate Windows 10 Pro.

I've found a download for a windows 10 iso ( here http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-10-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/ ) I was able to make a usb bootable install for windows 10 which asks for a product key but you can skip this.

I have a strong feeling they can definitely tell. A few things would be like: 1) Is license X being used on more than one PC (excluding bulk licenses). 2) Are they using Ultimate? 3) Does this PC refuse to report its license.

I would like to hear from anyone who might have some insight on what tools they use to check on things like that. I think I recall in an interview someone from MS said "we've technically always had a free version, piracy"

1 Like

When it comes to Windows 8 they can tell. But they've neglected Windows 7 to such an extent that there is a crack now that basically gives you a certificate and a license tied to your motherboard BIOS like you bought a PC with pre-installed Windows 7. Microsoft can't tell the difference. Even if you install that update KB971033 or go to Microsoft's website to check for validity of your OS it will tell you that it's genuine and give you an offer to download Microsoft Security Essentials with free anti-virus software and some other goodies.

Yes, I have that feeling too. I have the .iso downloaded but I'm waiting for some reports before I get myself into trouble.

Apparently pirates are getting their Windows activated just like legit customers. And if for some reason that doesn't work for you if you have a pirated OS you can always revert back to your previously used OS.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/pirates-reportedly-upgrade-windows-10-non-genuine-windows-and-remain-activated

If you have the storage, you could backup your drive with Clonezilla and if you can't get 10 just restore to the image.

Interesting, thanks for the reply.

Since it hasn't been mentioned in here. It's very easy to use the Content Creation tool from Microsoft to download a legitimate ISO or make a USB image. You can even create it with both 32 and 64 bit if you want.

Activation is another thing.

The upgrade just finished installing, and everything works fine. No problems at all. Files are in tact and the system is activated. I used Rufus to create a USB image, and everything worked flawlessly.

I have made a rufus usb with the preview iso i have linked /\ would u reccomend using that to upgrade rather than waiting to download the update on my pc??????

I recommend that You wait. I believe You will get an optimal update for Your rig and that is the best option.

thx