Can this rig game better then console?

Will this computer game in better quality then my Xbox? Also will I be able to render?

Here are the specs:

• CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Micro ATX  FM2 Motherboard
  • Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
  • Storage: Western Digital WP Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200RPM SATA 6.0GB/S 3.5
  • Case: MSI TC- (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case 
  • Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply

I want to know if I would be able to play games like Far Cry 3 or Blackops 2 with this rig. Will I be able to? Would adding a GeForce 550 help at all?

It will run BlOps2 very well, and should push Far Cry at medium settings (which will look better than console).  Don't waste time/money on a 550 just wait until you can afford something like a 7850/7870, then you'll be maxing far cry out at 1080p on Ultra settings.  All things considered, it looks to be a nice budget build.

EDIT:  render what? Video editing? 3d animations?  It would do video fine... not the fastest, but should get the job done.  Maya 2013 on the otherhand...  would benefit from a dedicated gpu and an AMD FX/Intel core combination

dont get a 550, just get a 7850 or 7870

THANKS GUYS! HELPED ALOT!

As for better than console, I don't really know, I don't play console. According to this benchmark, you can probably play BF3 (a comparible game) on medium at about 30FPS (decent), so those games will be fully playable, but possibly not the best looking. As for the 550, not really, you can only do CrossFire with a radeon card (not sure which though), so you would have to either use the 550, or the A10.

As for the rest of the rig, you don't need that much power, even with a graphics card, you can get WD and Seagate drive on sale for some really good prices when there are sales. Finally your case, looks good but I like the threehundred two from antec.

Here is a build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rSGN

nice jod on the RAM btw

If you are going to go for a dedicated GPU, consider getting a different CPU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnEcF9FoTE

It will be better than console considering the current consoles are equivalent to the gtx 7000 series or something like that. 

Thanks you guys answerd my questions!

you can crossfire almost any 2 AMD gpus