Can I use DDR4-2666 RAM on an Intel Core i7-10750H laptop?

According to ark dot intel dot com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201837/intel-core-i7-10750h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html, Intel Core i7-10750H supports DDR4-2933 under “Memory Types”. Does that mean that it will only ever support RAM of this type?

The things is, DDR-2933 is pretty rare/expensive where I live. I’m wondering if DDR4-2666 would do instead.

The CPU Memory controller should down clock to match the speed of the RAM installed.

It’s when you use faster RAM and try to OVER CLOCK where stability CAN be affected.

The default JDEC spec for DDR4 is 2133 so 2666 should be fine.

2 Likes

A quick search shows a lot of pre-built laptops with DDR4-2666 RAM, so it’s safe to say that yes, it will work with it.

1 Like

I’ve found that with laptops it is more important to use the RAM QVL than it seems to be for desktops.

Using random RAM that “ought to work” often caused issues with failure to wake from sleep and one time, corrupted video onscreen. Although that was probably just bad RAM.

Your laptop can work with more speeds of memory, going down in speed from 2933MTs.

I don’t know if 3200MTs memory is also available in your country? The standard JEDEC type modules have multiple JEDEC speed profiles. So the 3200MTs also has a 2933, 2666 and probably a 2400 profile. So that might also be an option. Your laptops bios will select the correct speed.

You can post your laptop model here or investigate yourself to see if other users on the internet reported feedback on different memory modules working well.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.