Can i rma my Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme ? Minidump on watchdog folder

Hello. So today i checked event viewer and i saw entry: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and of course minidump file in Windows/Watchdog...
Screen:

That was during DOOM in 02.10.2016 , i realize today about this when i found it.

Game was not crashed, but event viewer report LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and create minidump in Windows/Watchdog folder.

Question. What part of pc is unstable now? Propably GPU even if it is on stock?

I dont oc my pc,all is stock.

6700K no OC ( good temps 60C )
16GB DDR4
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme ( NO OC ,stock clocks )

Currently i am on Windows 10 Anniversary and 368.69 drivers.

Memtest86 pass fine no errors. So if gpu crashed i can rma card now?

So if its my gpu crashed then ( i found minidump in Watchdog folder ) its not unstable on stock clocks and i can rma card,because of that single event?

I know game not crashed ( weird ? ) and there was stable fps, no signs of crash.

But system raport LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys and make minidump in Watchdog folder.

Beside that all of my games are stable, i can play GTA V no crashes, Heaven, 3dmark 11,13 stable.

I don't think that you can RMA anything for a single failure like the one you had. If you want to RMA the GPU with success you have to replicate the issue over and over again doing the same things under the same conditions. Or if the issue keeps popping up with the same results.

By the way, why would you go through a long process of RMA a product for a single crash? That's way too much. I had too a weird graphical glitch in one of my games but after restarting it and playing it more weeks after nothing happened so I'm not worried about it.

This i get when playing Doom 02.06.2016. Game not crashed somehow,but event viewer report
display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

It happened once i cant reproduce this. All other benchmarks and games running fine.

Just out of interest. You are the same person who had the fps spike drop in tombraider and something else.

What are the rest of your system specs.

If it happened only once and you played Doom other times and everything has always been smooth that doesen't mean ANYTHING. You can have sweet dreams and don't worry about it.

Yes it happened just once , not able to reproduce. Also TDR mean hardware issue ?

wasting your time. If you cant reproduce the error you wont be able to RMA. The supplier/re-seller/etc will just test it and if they cant get the hardware to fail they will send it back to you. ANd one error in a game will not help you to get the gpu RMAd, thats most likely just a driver or issue with the game. Hardware will usually give you a bsod, freezes, artifacting and lock ups.
If it does not cause you undesired results while gaming then I will not worry about it.

Somebody said this :"
if it is a TDR or full system crash then it is a card or card driver issue."

http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2514509&fp=1

So this mean that was because i have faulty card?

Not necessarily the card.

What about the rest of those system specs?

6700K no OC ( good temps 60C )
16GB DDR4
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme ( NO OC ,stock clocks )

I was thinking sometimes a driver crash can happen when you don't have enough power but you have more than enough so that can be ruled out.

Seems like a once off with the drivers. You said you updated them, since the update have you had those odd fps spikes? Might have just been a bad driver.

I updated 373.06 and i was play some time GTA V and no fps spikes and no clocks dropping. So maybe its cured, or maybe i must test more.

Anyway. If i had once TDR on 368.69 its mean always faulty card?

1 Like

It does not always mean a hardware fault or faulty card TDR from the sounds of can be a driver issue too.

Display driver crashes can be the card or the driver. In this case it looks like a driver issue.

Stress the card with some bench marks like fire strike and heaven if there is a fault these will just crash and not complete the test.

Basically itnis almost impossible to say what caused the problem us from one error. If you can make that error happen over again then you can say it was one thing or another.

Here is example of display driver crash too:

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=75516

Look. Its my thread about my previous pc setup.

When i was clicking RUN TEST, there is an PLEASE WAIT pop up and nothing
happening test is not loading. I am stuck on this. And system starting
to slow, i cant open START menu,system is unresponsible and i have some
delay lags in opening programs, i cant restart normally pc i must use
hard reset.

I check logs and this was DISPLAY DRIVER CRASHING.

So that was because of system propably not hardware?

I check logs and this is DISPLAY DRIVER CRASHING. Here are screens:

So it happens a lot then.