Can i put games on my 120GB SSD?

Hey, i was wondering whether it is a good idea to put a couple of games on my 120GB Samsung 840 EVO drive. I am putting almost all of my games onto my 1TB black and my software on my 1TB caviar Blue.

Do i have space for Skyrim on there? I currently have 85GB free on it.

just look at the size of the game when you're installing it. I'd recommend putting games that have slow loading times on your SSD.

Yeah you can put it on the ssd but be sure you have at least 30GB free for Updates and temporary files.

Putting software on HDD when you have an SSD is kind of pants-on-head.

You can put anything you want on your SSD. It's just that if you don't have enough space to put everything you want there, choose what to move to SSD wisely.

I would put any applications you frequently use on there, as well as any game you play regularly and plan to keep for a while.

I keep my games on the HDD and keep the SSD for my OS and tools. Skyrim loads pretty quickly off the HDD. I don't know if it's true or not but I remember reading that the more space you use up on the SSD the slower they become. That could be bullshit though so don't take my word for it.

What's the point of having a drive if you can't read/write application data from/to it safely?

I am usually able to keep 2 or 3 games on my 120 GB. I used to fit more but these 30-40 gig games are killing me.

EDIT: And yeah, you have plenty of space for Skyrim.

To the person who went on a rant about writes and TLC, please stop spouting nonsense. While your statement is true in theory, it is not an issue on the 840 evo, even the small 120 GB.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7173/samsung-ssd-840-evo-review-120gb-250gb-500gb-750gb-1tb-models-tested/3

If the OP were to constantly write 50GB of data, EVERY SINGLE DAY it would take over 7 years before the drive died. He'd have a better chance of a hard drive failure/head crash at that point. 

you can do whatever the hell you want.

Agreed